Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A problem has arose..

Options
  • 24-10-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Ok need help.
    I bought a garmin out front mount. Happy days looks great does the job.
    However I can't fit my bbb strike 500 light on the bars now as it hits off the garmin and I have bbb aero bars so little round space I can fit.
    Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

New bike is the only option Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Your going to have to get a new bike with problems like that

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I think as an alternative to getting a new bike, which is clearly the best option, you could give me both the garmin and it's mount, leaving plenty of room for your bbb strike 500 light.

You're welcome. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Fit the light upside down so it is underneath the handlebar, this should give you more space.
    or
    something like this. I have one on my tourer and they are great. mind what you buy, they take abuse so the fixing bracket needs to be of good quality. Not sure if they have a place on a tri bike though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Fit the light upside down so it is underneath the handlebar, this should give you more space.

Alternatively, fit the Garmin upside down beneath the handlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

For the win - Tate Labs Universal mount. Mount the garmin on top, light underneath like this.

Slide1.jpg?format=500w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GoTilUBlow

CheGuedara wrote: »
    For the win - Tate Labs Universal mount. Mount the garmin on top, light underneath like this.

Slide1.jpg?format=500w

I reckon you could jury rig a home made one of these with some bar cut offs. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

That looks like there should be a sniper rifle hidden in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

CheGuedara wrote: »

Slide1.jpg?format=500w

SOLD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Given the amount of paraphernalia that you insist on riding around with then you'll need one of these

http://road.cc/content/news/97064-poshbikes-426kg-olympia-849-superbike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

angle grinder and welding.

CheGuedara-> Waaay too clever, you obviously progressed to 6th class in school :D Grt solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

yop wrote: »
    CheGuedara-> Waaay too clever, you obviously progressed to 6th class in school :D Grt solution

Aaaah I'd love to take the credit but it's a stock image from Tate Labs themselves. I actually had a problem similar the blahblah06 using another manufacturers garmin mount when night training so I sprung for the universal mount and set it up as in the photo. It makes a much tidier job of things and will do great until the bright comes back in the Spring and the light goes back into hibernation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Remove the aerobats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Raam wrote: »
    Remove the aerobats.

Are these like dingbats ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Vizzy wrote: »
    Are these like dingbats ?

They are like footpads and Compag groupsets.

Advertisement