Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale Caad 10

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭

If anyone has one of these what is your general opinion of it. Is it comfortable, fast and suitable for distances up to a 100km. Reading reviews the geometry is supposed to be quite aggressive. Also are the wheels that come with it any use or would the recommendation be that they be the first to upgrade on it. Also if you where to get one would it be the compact or triple?

http://www.cannondale.com/dnk/catalog/product/view/id/31880/s/caad10-5-105/category/916/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Evans have them online http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/bikes/road-bikes/f/cannondale#!

Cycleways in Dublin sell them, you'd have to ring/drop in to ask what groupset they could source for you.

Given the time of year, 2013 stock might be discounted or there may be none available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If all CAAD10s come with Shimano RS-10 wheels there would probably be no need to upgrade until you break them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

If all CAAD10s come with Shimano RS-10 wheels there would probably be no need to upgrade until you break them.

I have a Cannondale - just bought it two months ago and love it. Have already upgraded to Zondas. Have done a few 100km+ spins and felt great. Re Shimano RS10s - I had a pair of them a couple of years back and found them ridiculously brittle. Snapped spokes on two or three occasions. If you were going to upgrade to a Cannondale you'd be mad to use them I reckon.
    I bought mine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭billyhead

mosstin wrote: »
    I have a Cannondale - just bought it two months ago and love it. Have already upgraded to Zondas. Have done a few 100km+ spins and felt great. Re Shimano RS10s - I had a pair of them a couple of years back and found them ridiculously brittle. Snapped spokes on two or three occasions. If you were going to upgrade to a Cannondale you'd be mad to use them I reckon.
    I bought mine here.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a set of unused Mavic Krysium elites so may as well fit them to the bike when I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

billyhead wrote: »
    If anyone has one of these what is your general opinion of it. Is it comfortable, fast and suitable for distances up to a 100km. Reading reviews the geometry is supposed to be quite aggressive. Also are the wheels that come with it any use or would the recommendation be that they be the first to upgrade on it. Also if you where to get one would it be the compact or triple?
    I have been using my CAAD10 for the last two years, 5 days per week on average. In one word - it is an excellent bike and I would look no further regardless of my budget, as this bike does everything you want.

Regarding long spins and comfort - it is suitable for spins of any length, as long as you can stay on the saddle. I did a couple of 200km+ and some 150km+ spins and the only limits I found are my legs and the saddle soreness.

Wheels - they "lasted" two weeks since the purchase. I replaced them with my set of basic Mavics and also replaced the Shimano 15 with Sram Rival (I truly hated Shimano, but that may be personal obviously). All this equipment came from my previous bike, the SuperSix.

I use the bike for everything from commuting (80-90% of usage) to sportives. It is my summer as well as winter bike. Good bike, shiny bike and a beater, all in one. It will last once you look after it properly.

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    Also if you where to get one would it be the compact or triple?
    Compact for me, but I would leave this up to you, as this is an individual preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Seweryn wrote: »
    I have been using my CAAD10 for the last two years, 5 days per week on average.

Nice looking bike! Would you mind me asking what sort of carrier bag set up you're using with it?

Have only heard good things about the Caad 10... was on my shortlist when I was buying recently.

Paddigol wrote: »
    Nice looking bike! Would you mind me asking what sort of carrier bag set up you're using with it?
    Thanks, this is the bag I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Seweryn wrote: »

Mods might Sticky that question and answer it's asked so often!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thats a lovely bike, great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

used one for a week in the canaries earlier in the year, with shimano 105. was a nice bike. did some long days with some long long climbs (1000+meters in 10k). It handled well on the descents, and i found it comfortable, although i normally ride with a very low front end anyway. if i was in the market for a bike around that price point i would most certainly seriously consider it, but only in the team colours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

have one for 2 years, love it, ive ridden plenty of pricey carbon bikes and its a very good bike even compared to those

Advertisement