Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Buy Tickets On The Door At Whelans

Options
  • 20-10-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭

It's probably a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm hoping to go to a gig at Whelan's but I don't have a credit card so I can't buy tickets online and I don't think this particular show is available through Ticketmaster. So it looks like the only way I could get a ticket is at the venue itself. Is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭mosstin

Suas11 wrote: »
    It's probably a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm hoping to go to a gig at Whelan's but I don't have a credit card so I can't buy tickets online and I don't think this particular show is available through Ticketmaster. So it looks like the only way I could get a ticket is at the venue itself. Is that possible?

Of course. Shouldn't be any problem, depending on who's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

mosstin wrote: »
    Of course. Shouldn't be any problem, depending on who's playing.

Thanks. I have a good bit to travel so I didn't want to take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

You can order over the phone so maybe just call them and ask them what the story is with ticket supply. Maybe even enquire as to whether they'll hold a pair for you?

Whelan's: 1890 200 078

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I know it's an old thread, but similar question, can you buy tickets in advance of a gig during daylight hours (e.g. lunchtime) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭mosstin

mrcheez wrote: »
    I know it's an old thread, but similar question, can you buy tickets in advance of a gig during daylight hours (e.g. lunchtime) ?

Similar answer. Generally yes, but depends who's playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is the box office open at 1pm generally, as with the Olympia?

EDIT: just rang em, so yeah you can pop in anytime after 1 and before 7

Advertisement