Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

preassembled or assemble yourself?

Options
  • 19-10-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what those of you prefer when buying a new bike? Do you feel you want to put it together yourselves or let the shop do it for you?

You would learn more assembling it yourself but bike shops have told me they prefer to assemble them for customers in case they break things putting it together themselves.

What do you prefer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Do it yourself I'd say. Fairly easy. Just be careful with the pedals and don't mess up the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Is there some guide or videos that you could use for this that would be useful.?

I have a bike at home that I would love to change the frame on but I simply don't know enough about bikes to begin... Would love to learn though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

you tube is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

When I got my two bikes from Halfords, Carrera Subway and Voodoo Bantu they were assembled reasonably well. I had to adjust both bikes myself a little bit before I used them on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There are pros and cons with self-assembly:

Pros for self assembly: you get to pick which parts go on the bike, a vague feeling of satisfaction when finished.
    Cons for self assembly: expensive (buy a similarly specced bike off the peg is usually cheaper) , need the tools, time-consuming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement