Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've done the peeling spuds thing already and perfected it. Including roasties. Beautiful. I'm really talking about a quick fix when time is of the essence. Nice to have a back up.

the speciality ones are nice in aldi for emergency

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the speciality ones are nice in aldi for emergency

I prefer the Tesco - the skinny fries and the crinkle cut both come out lovely, and dead cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i just put a 1.9 kg chicken in for this evening, not bad for €4 in aldi this week and should be ready in an hour
    Just so anybody else reading knows, this would be in a XL or XXL frier. I had said before I cut the breasts off larger ones and save or freeze, then you can squish the rest in the standard size one.

The chicken in my photos was in a standard philips and was sold as 1.1kg but actually weighted 1560g, I checked my scale was working right but I knew it was big as it did not fit in the basket. This was a "tesco finest" one, usually the weights are more accurate.

I see now my "mesh post" is missing several photos so I will try and sort it, they worked earlier on another PC.
    Ben Done wrote: »
    I prefer the Tesco - the skinny fries
    skinny ones are very like mcdonalds, and really cheap per kilo without having to buy a bag that would feed an army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

rubadub wrote: »
    skinny ones are very like mcdonalds, and really cheap per kilo without having to buy a bag that would feed an army.

Those tesco fried in the yellow/clear bag really are great - also to anyone thinking of trying them, never buy the 1.5kg bag of them instead of the 1kg standard bag - the smaller bag is far far cheaper per kilo than the big one.

Chicken is almost ready, hear up to 200 now for ten minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I find the Tesco thin fries produce an extradonary amount of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

white potatoes from lidl or aldi if i am in there or wilsons in supervalu
    peel and chip to the desired size ( i like them fat )
    soak for half an hour changing the water once then steam for 8 minutes
    pat dry and use flavoured spray oil or regular oil, stir so they are evenly coated and in the air fryer for 10 minutes on 160 then up the heat to 190 for around 8 minutes depending on how they are fairing out colour wise
    season and eat

i just put a 1.9 kg chicken in for this evening, not bad for €4 in aldi this week and should be ready in an hour in the xxl

I get white potatoes from Aldi or Lidl and cut them in to wedges, no peeling. I soak them if I have time or otherwise just rinse them.

I shake off the excess water and put them in to the air fryer for a few minutes until they are dry. I then tip them in to a large bowl and season with a bit of salt and oil and then back in for 15-20 min at 200. My whole household is addicted to these and will moan if they get the normal shop bought fries. Skin is the best part!

Chicken coated in a garlic and chilli marinade nice and crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I’m finally going to invest in an airfryer xxl model after reading this thread but there seems to be different model numbers.

Is there any major difference in them? Can’t find anything online to differentiate the models

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Antibac wrote: »
    I’m finally going to invest in an airfryer xxl model after reading this thread but there seems to be different model numbers.

Is there any major difference in them? Can’t find anything online to differentiate the models

From my newbie experience, the only deciding factor is the size of the AirFryer. Temp settings seem to be universal. Europe is in degrees Cls and the US is in Fht.

• Advertisement

not sure about the xxl, have you the numbers you are considering?

With the standard one the number can refer to being manual or digital. The numbers can vary for very similar models and just refer to the colour or I think if the plug is US/EU/UK/AUS etc.

not sure about the xxl, have you the numbers you are considering?

With the standard one the number can refer to being manual or digital. The numbers can vary for very similar models and just refer to the colour or I think if the plug is US/EU/UK/AUS etc.

HD9750 is the one I’m looking at it’s 194e on Amazon.de From what I can see it’s the digital one which seems a good deal?

HD9750 is the one I’m looking at it’s 194e on Amazon.de From what I can see it’s the digital one which seems a good deal?

Google images shows the hd9750 as being the non digital version

Have been waiting for a price drop on the xl for what seems like ages, for a colleague.

Would be grateful if anyone spots a deal and posts it here.

As said it seems to be the manual one, which I would go for over a digital as I reckon it is less likely to break and if it broke I know I would have a good shot at repairing it myself or getting it going another way.

I saw it at the price you mention yesterday and has seemed to have dropped again. EUR 183,92

Down the page a bit it shows the digital one on the right

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-HD9750-90-Airfryer-Hei%C3%9Fluftfritteuse/dp/B07J21FPXM/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cr_simh_0_3/261-6700728-9299418?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07J21FPXM&pd_rd_r=94f53847-2d99-4120-83d6-b4587317dd00&pd_rd_w=1NNFR&pd_rd_wg=LfPMW&pf_rd_p=5cbcab74-6b15-441d-b203-79c1adae5780&pf_rd_r=4D8JTR5TT1MRGTPMKY8G&psc=1&refRID=4D8JTR5TT1MRGTPMKY8G

As said it seems to be the manual one, which I would go for over a digital as I reckon it is less likely to break and if it broke I know I would have a good shot at repairing it myself or getting it going another way.

I saw it at the price you mention yesterday and has seemed to have dropped again. EUR 183,92

Down the page a bit it shows the digital one on the right

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-HD9750-90-Airfryer-Hei%C3%9Fluftfritteuse/dp/B07J21FPXM/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cr_simh_0_3/261-6700728-9299418?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07J21FPXM&pd_rd_r=94f53847-2d99-4120-83d6-b4587317dd00&pd_rd_w=1NNFR&pd_rd_wg=LfPMW&pf_rd_p=5cbcab74-6b15-441d-b203-79c1adae5780&pf_rd_r=4D8JTR5TT1MRGTPMKY8G&psc=1&refRID=4D8JTR5TT1MRGTPMKY8G

Thank You Rubadub. I’m glad to get an xxl as they seem to be very dear here. Have you used any of the accessories & are they worth investing in?

Is it possible to do the likes of sausages & chips or burgers & chips together or do they end up as mush?

I’ve had nothing end up as mush in the xxl, if I’m doing burgers in the air fryer and want to do something like chips I normally do the burgers first and stick them in a bit of foil, it all depends how many you’re cooking for tbh
    I cooked sausages rashers pudding and hash browns in mine for four people on Sunday no problem
    The size difference between the xl and xxl isn’t that much and worth checking on google images before buying

Here is a comparison of the three sizes

I’ve had all three and personally the xxl digital with turbo plate is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have been waiting for a price drop on the xl for what seems like ages, for a colleague.

Would be grateful if anyone spots a deal and posts it here.

Go to www.camelcamelcamel.co.uk and you can track prices. AFAIK you can set it to email you if there is a price drop. Also keep an eye on Argos, I got mine for €90 there in January.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Go to www.camelcamelcamel.co.uk and you can track prices. AFAIK you can set it to email you if there is a price drop. Also keep an eye on Argos, I got mine for €90 there in January.

Thanks, have camel alerts set, but it doesn't always pick up lightning deals..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Philips xxl HD9650/99 is £235 roughly €280 on Amazon uk at the minute. Is this a good price or should I hold on til Amazon prime day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks, have camel alerts set, but it doesn't always pick up lightning deals..

Get the Keepa browser extension. Much handier you can see price history on Amazon product page and it gives alerts for lightning deals when you track a product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking for a while now to get airfryer.....finally our standard fryer packed in

Wife wants to invest in https://www.did.ie/tower-1350w-air-fryer-black-t17005-t17005-prd

Any good? reviews seem mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Looking for a while now to get airfryer.....finally our standard fryer packed in

Wife wants to invest in https://www.did.ie/tower-1350w-air-fryer-black-t17005-t17005-prd

Any good? reviews seem mixed

My mother has the one you linked. It’s ok enough but if it’s anywhere near full the stuff in the middle doesn’t cook evenly and it’s quite slow as well.

I got a Philips one in a Black Friday sale and it’s much better in every way. Stuff cooks evenly, faster, easier to clean etc. I don’t know what they are selling for now but if you can stretch to it get the Philips imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My mother has the one you linked. It’s ok enough but if it’s anywhere near full the stuff in the middle doesn’t cook evenly and it’s quite slow as well.

I got a Philips one in a Black Friday sale and it’s much better in every way. Stuff cooks evenly, faster, easier to clean etc. I don’t know what they are selling for now but if you can stretch to it get the Philips imo

100% this, buy cheap buy twice imo!

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I would want a bigger one than that.

I wanted it for tomor and the Philip ones would be next week at least

What about the actifry? The 1.2kg one

• Registered Users Posts: 3 7sixes

Shaws department stores have a tefal ey401840 4.2L air fryer for 69.99euro. Unable to post link but little woods have it for 89.99, cant see it for any cheaper elsewhere. Are these any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

There's a €10 off €50 code for Shaws on 3Plus app at the mo if you are buying!

Advertisement