Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good 50/34 175mm Crankset less than €100

Options
  • 17-10-2013 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi Guys, looking for a new crankset as Ive discovered my FSA Tempo is a piece of garbage apparently. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Oh I'm running Shimano Sora Gearset if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Have a serious think about whether you want to spend €100 upgrading your cranks on a Sora groupset. You can get a brand new full Tiagra groupset for €329 from bike24 (may be possible to get it cheaper elsewhere either now or over the next few months). What exactly is the problem with the current crankset?

Not much, just the inset of the pedal insert is eroded away. So its just really new crank arms I need. I've only done 25k on the bike so don't exactly want to go doing major upgrades yet. I just dont want to have niggly little problems like this every 2 weeks hence why Im looking for a minor improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭cassette50

Thanks for your help cassete50. And will this work with a Sora groupset?

Or even if anyone could recommend some new crank arms that I could purchase? 175mm would be needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Is it a hollowtech or Square taper bottom bracket? As far as I can tell, FSA tempo is square taper so the Tiagra above won't work.

Is it a hollowtech or Square taper bottom bracket? As far as I can tell, FSA tempo is square taper so the Tiagra above won't work.

Yeah man. Pretty sure its square taper. So any idea on replacement cranks for this set-up?

Yeah man. Pretty sure its square taper. So any idea on replacement cranks for this set-up?

Sorry crank arms.

Advertisement