Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use garmin edge 500 indoors

Options
  • 15-10-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Can I use the garmin on the turbo?do I need to turn off GPS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah you need to turn off GPS, but obviously you need to have the speed/cadence sensor attached to measure stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

Hold "Menu", select GPS, GPS Status, set to "Off". You then need a GSC10 to provide speed data, unless the turbo trainer itself has ANT+ capability.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

Just for convenience, switching it off in the menu will leave it in off state until switched on again same way. I think if you let it continue to acquire the signal, at some point it will prompt asking whether to use GPS or not. By choosing to not to use GPS, it will disable it until the unit is restarted.

You may need to disable the automatic switch off however, as it will turn itself off after a while :)

As mentioned, unless you have all these sensors, it's not really useful indoors. Personally I use it indoors only for HRM.

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

nordicb wrote: »
    As mentioned, unless you have all these sensors, it's not really useful indoors. Personally I use it indoors only for HRM.

Kind regards

Does the HR strap that comes with a Garmin work on the turbo screen(tacx flow machine to be precise), does anybody know?

I know Polar HR strap does, and is v.accurate on the Tacx Flow compared to the Polar watch unit.

Advertisement