Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tube going flat between spins

Options
  • 15-10-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Gents,

My front tyre is going completely flat between spins yet was totally fine on a couple of four hour spins with no noticeable pressure loss.

Should I replace the tube or is it something I can keep getting away with [/wishful thinking]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Replace the tube. Better done at home than on the side of the road in whatever weather you might be enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

On some tubes the valve head below the air release screw is itself screwed in and not a complete unit. I've found sometime this being loose can cause slow flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Ah its fine! You'll get away with it for a while yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hey guys,

Yeah when I was about to take off the tube I noticed that the core of the presta valve was loose and AFAIR it had been loose last time as well.

Not going too far today so I've tightened the two sections with a pair of grips and am going to take a chance on that being the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Sounds like you might need a new bike.

• Advertisement

N+1 = I always need a new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... so I've tightened the two sections with a pair of grips and am going to take a chance on that being the answer.
    Why would you take a chance on something that will cost a few Euros and 10 minutes to rectify in the comfort of your home/shed?

Because all I'm taking a chance on is having to change it tomorrow before I go for another spin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

You need some new tyres ......oh wait.....

Those aren't for me actually, I've got brand spankers GP4seasons on the roadbike and Rubino/rear Gator on the Commuter...and 20 year old MTB tyres on the MTB...

• Advertisement

48hrs later and the tyre is still at 110psi.

Evil Presta Valve: "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky Pliers!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Brads locks

How old is the bike, could it be a warranty issue, on the other hand buy a tube fit tube to wheel, problem solved and when it goes flat on a group ride you will not be holding everyone up.

Advertisement