Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Finances

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

RyanAndrew wrote: »
    Cyclingnews reports on UCI finances.

A pretty healthy organisation. Net profit of €7.6m and net assets of about €14m .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ucis-2012-report-reveals-relatively-healthy-finances

Does anybody know where to access a full set of the accounts?

Try here:

http://www.uci.ch/docs/UCI_AnnualReport_2012.pdf

(Note that the numbers are in CHF i.e. Swiss Francs)

- taken from this page

http://www.uci.ch/templates/UCI/UCI2/layout.asp?MenuId=MTk3OA&LangId=1

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like last year's surplus was pretty much down to the profits generated from the Olympics - clearly they don't get that every year and London will be a big act to follow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Looks like last year's surplus was pretty much down to the profits generated from the Olympics - clearly they don't get that every year and London will be a big act to follow

They get it every 4 years alright (not usually as marked though).
    The financial side of the UCI seems to have been sucwessful under PMQ tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Hopefully, litigation and legal charges should not be as significant in future years under the new leadership. I have just heard that the case against Paul Kimmage has been dropped by UCI - presumably this is a new development?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Maidhci wrote: »
    Hopefully, litigation and legal charges should not be as significant in future years under the new leadership. I have just heard that the case against Paul Kimmage has been dropped by UCI - presumably this is a new development?

I think that happened a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭Macy0161

godtabh wrote: »
    I think that happened a while ago
    It was suspended a while ago, but wasn't actually dropped/ struck out (or whatever the right term is). It actually still isn't, but Cookson has given Kimmage a committment it will be, if I understood the reports correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭buffalo

At last, we know how much of our licence fee is lining Cookson's pockets:
    At an extraordinary meeting of the UCI’s management committee, a number of measures were agreed, including the payment of an annual salary of 340,000 Swiss Francs [approximately 275,000 euro/$379,000] to Cookson.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15728/UCI-president-Brian-Cookson-publishes-salary-audit-of-UCIs-anti-doping-operations-announced.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

buffalo wrote: »

You forgot to include the most interesting part, how much less it is than PMQ was getting:
    According to the UCI, this is 110,000 Swiss Francs less than was drawn by the previous president Pat McQuaid, meaning that the Irishman had a remuneration package of 450,000 Swiss francs, or approximately 363,000 euro/$500,000 dollars.

Cond0r wrote: »
    You forgot to include the most interesting part, how much less it is than PMQ was getting:

I left it out deliberately, I'm sick of hearing about McQuaid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    Who?

From my fiercely accurate memory of 1990, he was the protagonist in Total Recall, played by Norman Schwarzkopf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You're SO moneysupermarket.com!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You're SO moneysupermarket.com!

I looked up the website, and I slept on it, but this morning I still don't get it.

I looked up the website, and I slept on it, but this morning I still don't get it.

It's not something you get. It's something you are!

It was just a random thought that came into my head when I read your post and I was reminded, for sone reason, of the ad on tv for it. Don't sweat it big guy!

Don't sweat it big guy!

First you make me feel stupid, then you call me fat. :(

First you make me feel stupid, then you call me fat. :(

This is you and me together...you do the math!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

This is you and me together...

I can't view that image. I assume it's been automatically censored as too explicit.

I also have no defence as to why I tried to view it!

This is you and me together...you do the math!

My browser crashed when I tried to view that...

Advertisement