Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 into Dublin near Green Isle hotel

Options
  • 10-10-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

There it is, gone!
    There is no hard shoulder/ bus lane/ taxi lane/ bike lane, as part of the road upgrade. I'm not sure about their plans, but for now it looks like you mix it with the big boys, or take a totally different route.
    Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

You can always cycle the road that runs parallel to the N7 from the kingswood flyover to nearly newlands cross. It runs along the outside of corkagh park and down the front of the green isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

That bit of road is east to find, the real challenge is to find the cycle lane that goes over the red cow roundabout. It's a real gem of cycle lane planning and great signage. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

i cycle over that m50 bridge, didnt even know there was a cycle lane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭joxerjohn

Will the new flyover at Newlands Cross mean that the N7 will become the M7 from the Red Cow. If so after that and cycling would no longer be permitted on the motorway. Anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

jober wrote: »
    i cycle over that m50 bridge, didnt even know there was a cycle lane :eek:

It's easy to find going outbound. Not so easy going inbound. I was taking the train down to Newbridge for work and cycling back. So i'd never travelled outbound on it. It took me about 4 attempts to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The N7 can't be upgraded to a motorway as there's no alternative route in parts, the junctions aren't up to standard and local access is provided by the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

The alternative route by the Green Isle Hotel now has road works which block half the road. I had cars barge through on the wrong side of the road this morning. I think I shall take my chances on the main road despite the road works.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

So far it's not so bad. About 20 meters in the traffic, then duck in behind the cones and concrete wall.
    All right at rush hour anyway, when the speed difference isn't so great.

Advertisement