Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another blog

Options
  • 08-10-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have started a blog, still work in progress and not so much up on it yet, and a bit short of pike articles, but hope to rectify this as the season is here... Any constructive critisism is more than welcome and any pointers or advice from anyone would be great.
    feel free to follow :wink:

link
    http://bencarvosso.wordpress.com/

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Your about page is a duplicate of the blog/home page? Maybe add more pages on main menu for different content, an endless page of content tends to put people off. Very good otherwise, you have a lot of info there and some great photos. Maybe add a photo gallery with different albums, eg, Salmon catch's, Trout fishing, Pike catch's. You can use all the photos already uploaded. You could also add a link to your site in your sig here on boards! Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bencarvosso

cheers mick appreciate the honest feedback, sorted the 'about' bar, but cant seem to organise other menu's yet, only new to this. will look into it today and take suggestions onboard..
    thanks ben

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

you got to be seen to be doing things right when blogging IMO,

whilst reading about your rod pod, i noticed 3 rods on the pod but,

•A person may fish with not more than two rods at any time (Control of Fishing for Coarse Fish in Fresh Water Bye-law No. 595, 1977.).

(maybe 3rd wasn't in use or it's a marker, if so better off pointing it out.)

Other than that I quite liked it, as mayo.mick pointed out, a bit too much reading in it for me too in places.

best of luck with it.

hey, cheers for the comments

yeah I could see how the three rod thing could be misleading, there were actually 2 of us fishing and sharing rods. But maybe I should point that out.

more updates and reviews up

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

Ha recognised big Mark holding a fine pike some lovely shots and locations.

thanks mate,
    yeah mark is a dab hand at getting the bigger pike... fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Your blog is coming along nicely, looking good well done! I was over at Curry weir with Moyfisher last Monday and took about 2 hours of video of Salmon and trout jumping the weir. Edited down to a 7 minute clip.

I saw that last week, impressive footage, commented on his page

cheers ben

• Advertisement

new blog post up for anyone interested

http://bencarvosso.wordpress.com/2013/12/04/on-your-pike/

decemberpike299_zps36e540e3.jpg

more posts up for anyone interested

http://bencarvosso.wordpress.com/

thanks

blog updated with some tench fishing sessions...
    for some reason, i can post links anymore...

if you click the link above it will bring you to the post

thanks ben

I have entered a new blog on some recent tench fishing including some nice fish to over 7lb...

I seem to have been stopped permission from posting pix or links on here, so if you fnacy checking it out please check out the link in the posts above

many thanks ben

Advertisement