Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pike fishing areas in lakes/rivers

Options
  • 06-10-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I only got into fishing in the summer and all I caught was perch and hybrids.I want to get my hands on my debut pike.I was wondering what areas in lake or river that pike hang around in like tree over-hangs, under a bridge etc. Any tips are much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You've covered them in your own post. Under overhangs, near reeds etc.

Have a look at this site for locations, reports and more.

http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 23 The who

You've covered them in your own post. Under overhangs, near reeds etc.

Have a look at this site for locations, reports and more.

http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/index.htm

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

As was said reeds and overhanging trees. Anywhere that ( in a way to put it) looks fishy. In rivers you'll get jack pike sitting in fast flowing water. Look for likes of a big rock in the fast flowing water. Pike will sit there for bait fish.
    Also if the water runs into deep pools you'll get pike there aswell. My daughter ( only 3) caught one after I cast it for her into deep pool behind fast flowing water

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

My daughter ( only 3) caught one after I cast it for her into deep pool behind fast flowing water
    No pressure on the rest of us to catch then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

How you think I feel? She got two lovely trout aswell.
    I got nothing. Went up next day and couldn't catch a pike either. Managed a perch that's it.
    My own daughter showing me up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement