Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a handlebar/stem bracket for a BBB computer

Options
  • 04-10-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭

This is a long shot......... does anyone have a spare/unwanted handlebar bracket for a BBB Dashboard BCP-05 computer? Or know of a website that stocks them?

My one broke recently and the computer works perfectly. Now it is the most basic of basic computers but it does the job :o I was thinking of upgrading anyway, but I'd put the BBB one on my MTB if I could get a replacement bracket.

I've checked on Chain Reaction Cycles, Wiggle, and a few other websites to no avail. I haven't checked my lbs (and I'd prefer not to either!).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Umm I might have one that works, but I won't be back with the bike for another week. Will have a root around then, mightn't be a bad idea to remind me if you think of it. Assuming you don't get sorted before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Umm I might have one that works, but I won't be back with the bike for another week. Will have a root around then, mightn't be a bad idea to remind me if you think of it. Assuming you don't get sorted before then.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

ill check tomorrow. i know i got annoyed with my bbb computer before and either landed in a ditch or the dustbin so will check to see if mount around tomorrow. its 50:50

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

I have a cateye micro wireless about year old needs batteries, if you don't get fixed up pm me:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'll have a look around for it now dastardly!

• Advertisement

I have one here belonging to a bcp-13w, back of both computers look the same, will send you a picture of it in a few minutes

I have one here belonging to a bcp-13w, back of both computers look the same, will send you a picture of it in a few minutes

thanks!!

Here's the mount I have, 99% sure it'll work for your computer. PM me your address and I'll send it over to you anyway.

(Sorry for the blurriest picture ever, I can take another if you want.)

Hey Darkglasses,

I am an absolute plonker. When I looked at my bracket to see if it was the same one as yours (as well as unwrapping about 20 layers of electrical tape), I realised that the bit on the computer that attaches to the bracket had cracked, and that the bracket itself was perfect :o:o
    With the use of some super-glue, I think I have fixed the bit that is chipped on the computer, and it now attaches to the bracket.

Thanks again for your help!

Okey dokey, i'll hang onto it for you anyway. If it breaks again you're welcome to it, I'm not using it.

• Advertisement

Sound out, much appreciated.

Advertisement