Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Most Effective Jungler

Options
  • 01-10-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

What are peoples views on Jungling champs?

Amumu and Lee Sin seem popular picks but tbh I'm not really fan of either.

Tried J4 and whilst he is good I dont particulalry enjoy playing him. it also seems quite easy to escape his ultimate, champs like Lucian can just dash away.

Warwick is great fun but only gets going after lvl 6 and even then his ultimate is buggy.

Really enjoying play Sejuani at the moment. Her ult is fantastic and once she is on you its very difficult to get away even if you blow flash. Dps output is limited so she can be slow to clear in comparson to other champs.

Havent tried Hecarim yet but he looks fun with massive potential to snowball if he gets a couple of early ganks.

Havent taken Maplh to the jungle yet but with his ultimate and slows i can imagine he is a pretty effective ganker.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Sejuani is my fav, but shes obviously not the best. Aatrox was really fun to play when he was free, hes really efficient when clearing and has great gank potential.

Nocturne is another one of my favorite jungles, really easy to gank once you get level 6.. really good clear, fast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I probably play jungle more than any other role since apart from supp its the least popular role.

Both Amumu and J4 are easy to play and both very effective at ganking and team fights but i don't play either of them cause i simply don't enjoy them. Lee Sin i really enjoy but i haven't played him enough to feel comfortable picking him in ranked. But a well played Lee Sin is a beautiful thing to behold.

Warwick also alot of fun. His pre 6 ganks are terrible so i prefer to just farm to hit 6 or counter jungle which he does well with all that life steal.

Sej is one of my most played champs but i have been on abit of a losing streak with her so don't play her nearly as much. I just tend to pick her into an aoe damage team comp that can take advantage of a well placed ult.

Hecarim I haven't touched since the sting of nerfs that he got.

Vi, Udyr, Volibear and Trundle are my go-to junglers at the moment.

With 21/9/0 masteries at level 3 Vi's Q, AA, E combo chunks so hard its silly and at level 6 her ganks become godlike. I also like to take her top :D

Udyr alot of fun to play. Can build tanky and still does big damage with phoenix stance in early to mid game. Not to mention that speed. Come late game i like to ward enemy jungle, split push and when the enemy team sends 1 or 2 guys to stop me run back to mid and start a 5v4 or 5v3 TF.

Played Zyra jungle once because of a troll pick in champ select. Managed to play well and pick up some kills but the game was lost with every lane losing. Moves to slow, and is so mana hungry you wont be able to donate blue to your mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In my opinion, j4 is the best jungler in the game because of one thing: He is strong from level 2 to level 18 and does not really fall off at all.

His passive does ridicuf*ck damage for a bruiser, he has 3 forms of cc yet can also make amazing use of red buff bue to his AS increase from Demacian Standard. He can start at red OR blue without taking much of a hit. His W gives him amazing stats on top of a Randuin's active. He could fit into any team comp due to what he brings to the table.

Next tier on my list would be: Lee Sin, Xin Zhao, Zac, Vi and Hecarim. These are all solid tanks with good damage output, mobility and clear able to initiate and peel excellently.

I'm not a jungle main but I have been playing it more increasingly and the 3 I tend to use are Fiddle, Udyr and Sejuani.
    Fiddle is a luxury pick, if I get a mid who doesn't need blue buff too much I really like Fiddle because Fear and his ult are so awesome. His downsides are that you can be ganked in your jungle so easily and you're probably gonna have your red invaded. He's kind of high risk high reward and his midgame isn't particularly good.
    Udyr since his W change is not the regen king he once was. His weakness is that his ganking kind of sucks. You're just not that fast with a level 1 Q, you're not getting sh1t botlane without a flash. The way to play him is clear camps and invade a lot, farm and get items, you just can't gank nearly as well as your opposing jungler so steal his sh1t. Lategame however, you turn into an absolute beast (pun intended).
    Sej I'm not an expert on yet, I've about 6 games with her in ranked and still looking on how to use her more efficiently. Her clear doesn't seem to be up to what I'd like it to be and I'm finding it tough enough to get enough gold early. When she reaches lategame though she is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Zac is a champ i havent tried for some reason. Think I will check him out along with Aatrox later as they seem to be popular picks so far in worlds. Must give Lee sin a try again, he seems to be a consistent pick at all tiers and he can play top so he is a champ worth becoming proficient on even its just to know how to counter him.

He can play mid and support pretty well also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 crakage

In my opinion, aatrox is really great ! a lot of DPS, a lot of mobility, then lee sin is spectacular.

Then all the jungle are fun to play, zac, j4, eve, rammus <3

But for the moment Aatrox 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I like to play risky junglers if we have a bruiser top and tanky supp.

I've carried many games with Fiddle. I run 9/0/21 for the quick 6. Usually lvl 4 before mid. I donate blue every time and just take a few blue pots whenever back. Leveling Q first prevents any decent countering. Communicate with your team beforehand and you can usually pick up FB at your red if they are countering. Once you do that they will be less inclined to counter. I build him tanky MPEN with a zhonya's. End game i have about 70 MPEN and 40% CD.

Also enjoy a good Twitch now and again. I remember one game, there was only jungler and adc left over in champ select and we both proceeded to leave the pick to the last second and both picked adc. Might as well jungle him so. Proceeded to go 9/0/2 i think. Once you get a good leash at blue you're set. Gank lvl 2 with stealth, positioning yourself between them and their tower usually gets a FB.

Talon is another risky jungler i love to play. Very team dependent but with enough CD and Damage, can clear the jungle in seconds. Also makes for great ganks with an instant dash-to and silence.

Play Shaco for lols in normals. Nothing better than popping into lane using stealth, hitting that worm and watching the enemy freak out.

Fiddle and shaco are nice to play ! Flash ulti from fiddle its so fun .D everyone panik

Anyone else use unconventional junglers? How about Diana and Taric?

Done a few Panth games. Slow clear, amazing ganks.

• Advertisement

I just found Jungle Aatrox, godlike

Bought Zac and tried him in a couple of ARAM games to get a feel for him before jumping into jungle in classic. Think it will take a while for me to get used to him.. he isnt the most conventional of champs and it will take some time to master him.

Will try Aatrox this week.

Playing Zac in aram isn't really gonna help. Hes a horrible champ for it, as are most melee. Better doing some bot games then just winging it in normal. There honestly isn't an awful lot to his skillset, doesn't take much to master tbh.

Zac is awesome in aram

Not as awesome as nearly all ranged/poke champs tho.

Meh a disrupting gap closing tank like Zac/Amumu/J4 can be one of the scariest things in ARAM

The only problem with ww is that he encourage you to farm while other jungler will gank directly after the top side buff, but it can really be scary when is fed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Having a blast with Nasus in the jungle right now! Slow clear times but brings a lot to the table.

When he comes to lane you have to be scared because of W.

If you come to cover a lane because of back/dead you can freeze and spam your Q.

If you come to a lane you can push super quick with E.

His R is very impressive in dragon pit/Baron.

Very useful in team fights!

Very scary late game!

Just finished a Ranked game with 9/0/19. Was fun :X

Anyone try Pantheon in Jungle? His ult may be a useful ganking tool if a lane overextended itself. Ult, stun = dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

His clear is too slow, and he has to snowball to get strong items and stay relevant. If you fail a gank or 2 early you can't farm any good to make up for it and you end up super behind and being useless for the rest of the game.

You can get really fed with a few good ganks, but it's rare that it happens. Jarvan, Vi and Shyvana(you need to farm hard with her though), are probably the best 3 junglers at the minute. Shyvana isn't played too much yet but I think she will be her damage and tankiness is so strong.

• Advertisement

His clear is too slow, and he has to snowball to get strong items and stay relevant. If you fail a gank or 2 early you can't farm any good to make up for it and you end up super behind and being useless for the rest of the game.

You can get really fed with a few good ganks, but it's rare that it happens. Jarvan, Vi and Shyvana(you need to farm hard with her though), are probably the best 3 junglers at the minute. Shyvana isn't played too much yet but I think she will be her damage and tankiness is so strong.

Alot of pro's are starting to play Shyvana in solo queue. Tried her out twice in the jungle and her clear time is really fast but feel without red buff her ganks are pretty bad unless the lane your ganking has some CC. I also have trouble with her ult when engaging in a teamfight with the fact that it has a pushback and can leave me kinda stranded. Gotta play her some more to get dem feelz for her.

With all this talk of farmer junglers in S4 i have a feeling she will be really strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I forgot to mention Lee Sin and Elise, A really good Lee sin has a high skill cap though and quick fingers :D

The thing about Shyvana for me that sets me up for the rest of the game is making the important level 3 decision, I run ignite on Shyvana and Smite. At level 3 I'm generally in the top lane, lane bush waiting to counter gank it results in a kill pretty much every time. Then you tax that lane like a boss and end a jugnle route you should be around evel 5 after it and aiming for level 6 before the buffs respawn.

Her ulti takes some getting used too, I miss it all the time! Regarding teamfights you need to have the right items to do that, I always make the HP jungle item and then a Sunfire cape/Spirit Visage/Warmogs. She gets really tanky and can run around and take fire but only with items so you need to farm well. Just don't jump in too early as Shyvana isn't that good of an engager(unless you position really well), more of a disrupter after an engage.

S4 is going to be weird I think, the thoght of a farmed Master Yi is scaryyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

two not mentioned so far that i have a lot of fun playing with

Nunu : His consume makes his jungle clear quite fast and its an instant heal should you be running low - helps you not have to go back to the shop if you run out of pots.

flash snowball gank is awesome too. your ADC will love you for popping attackspeed buff on them and then throwing snowball at the opposing adc :D

nunu also fun support and toplane.

skarner : Probably needs a little boost, even a little extra range on his ulti would be awesome but he has nice clear, and moves fast! - I think he's a really fun champ to play in the jungle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Zac, although his ult is **** now, is still insanely strong and has a great clear time imo.
    Volibear is a nice carry jungler if you can secure an early kill.

Apparently with the nerf to smite in s4, Nunu becomes a nightmare again.

How about Olaf? Hadnt played untl the other day as he is f2p atm. Enjoyed playing him but not sure what his best build in jungle is? Do people go dmg or tanky?

Thing about Olaf is that he was never that amazing of a jungler due to his CC being pretty poor compared to top junglers with both cc and a gap closer. Now also, they've added a minimum cast range on his Q which should slow him down a wee bit. His team fight potential is even better now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Kold wrote: »
    Apparently with the nerf to smite in s4, Nunu becomes a nightmare again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrZx1tUOkUU

Advertisement