Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 WPC

Options
  • 28-09-2013 11:52am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone following this? Some interesting games so far including a few switchups in play which is surprising for the asian teams.

1st ¥ 1,000,000 ~$163,400
    2nd ¥ 300,000 ~$49,000
    3rd ¥ 100,000 ~$16,300

273620.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

Game 2 of DK v iG was fantastic.

VOD here: http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/c/3021351

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i must say i'm suprised about how much i've enjoyed watching dota2 matches.

i watched most of the starladder 7 in game.

in work i watch vods on Dotacinema, but not watched too many asian games. the few i have watched are slower, more likely to get the late game, longer periods of PvE dota but when the action comes it is good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good dota matches are favourite thing to watch by a mile, it all started off with syncing warcraft 3 replays with audio recorded after. Mmmmm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

2 Zeus games today!

• Advertisement

Semis currently on, just seen a NP Treant steal Rosh kill with 5 man dire hitting hard on him. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Where do you go to watch the games?

I find it difficult to find the games and DOTA keeps asking for money for tickets to watch them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where do you go to watch the games?

I find it difficult to find the games and DOTA keeps asking for money for tickets to watch them

here you go
    http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Dota%202

there are various schedules up, such as on reddit.com/dota2 and on joindota

2am, bo7 tonight. DK vs iG. The two best teams in the Dota 2 world right now in my opinion. iG looked a bit lop-sided yesterday but they came back amazingly. I can't wait to see it, the drafts these teams have put out recently have been very creative.

must try to stay awake, bo7 jesus. thats a smarties night if ever i heard one

• Advertisement

must try to stay awake, bo7 jesus. thats a smarties night if ever i heard one

Oh man, no more smarties references or I'll puke!

iG give away a teamwipe before the creeps even spawn and they still pull off an impressive win in the first game. Really good stuff!

I couldn't stay up the whole time for this, iG were 3-0 up when I went. Just saw the rest of the match now. Amazing plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

The prize pool distribution for this was absolutely stupid. It's no wonder so many pro teams are disbanding. If you wanted to kill off the sport, this would be how to do it.

Only notable team leaving recently was Dignitas, the other teams have just been reshuffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Only notable team leaving recently was Dignitas, the other teams have just been reshuffling.

Well, recently there has also been 4FC, SSD, fOu and Risingstars. I think there might have been one or two other teams that disbanded during the Starladder Series 8. The payouts for that league are a complete joke considering how long it runs for.

Then you have players like NS, Zhou and SyndereN retiring from professional play and a whole host of long established pro teams constantly using amateur stand-ins.

I think the main reason for all the reshuffling is the financial pressure put on teams on the periphery to perform. But at the same time, you have a very small minority making a hell of a lot of money.

Spreading the money around a bit would help the competitive scene a lot. You'd see more stable rosters, more fully professional competitive teams and fewer pro players burning out.

With payout structures like the tournament above, you are killing the goose the laid the golden egg, so to speak.

Advertisement