Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pike fishing around tuam?

Options
  • 19-09-2013 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi, im looking to find a good pike fishing spot around tuam. im looking for a lake or river with big pike (10LB or more) around tuam (co.galway). my biggest catch so far is in cloondroon lake in miltown and it was 6LB.

Also im would like to know whats the beat bait for the area :D
    thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Well there's a place in Dunmore About 14km from tuam Has perch,pike,Rudd,bream Pm me,
    Also Ross abbey is a good place now I've never fished there my friend has and landed some nice pike on dead bait Don't know the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Also did you ever Hear of Rainbow Trout Fishery's? Well know if you want there's a good place up in Oughterard Link:http://www.oughterardhostel.com/angling.html You can bait fish if you don't know how to Fly fish... It's a good way to catch some nice fish and taking a little break from wild brown trout fish....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

hi, im looking to find a good pike fishing spot around tuam. im looking for a lake or river with big pike (10LB or more) around tuam (co.galway). my biggest catch so far is in cloondroon lake in miltown and it was 6LB.

Also im would like to know whats the beat bait for the area :D
    thanks...

Its all down to the river or lake.
    How well do the baitfish produce every year? Water temp?
    Is there plenty of cover for pike to hide?

More questions along them lines are answers to places that hold big pike.
    Also down to the way you present your dead bait or the way you spin or jig your lures.

Your biggest is 6lb. Most lads starting off dont get more than that.
    To catch big pike takes knowledge aswell.
    I've fished for pike a long time ( don't have enough to do enough either to be honest)
    My first was a nice 13lb pike when i was 14. Had plenty of nice doubles over the years since but also had days were all I was catching were jack pike. Summer time is jack pike time. Winter is hard cold long days but can result in a whopper.
    Just need patience and it'll come.

Advertisement