Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fermoy salmon anglers

Options
  • 17-09-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there does anyone know where or who to go to join the fermoy salmon anglers club in order to fish the stretch of water below the weir??I have heard that u can pay the yearly fee of 300.00 at the start of the season but thats about all i know.I have never been in trouble with bailiffs or even the police for that matter and want to start on the right foot with the club so any info would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi there does anyone know where or who to go to join the fermoy salmon anglers club in order to fish the stretch of water below the weir??I have heard that u can pay the yearly fee of 300.00 at the start of the season but thats about all i know.I have never been in trouble with bailiffs or even the police for that matter and want to start on the right foot with the club so any info would be greatfully appreciated.

Theres a tackle shop in fermoy called "bait all tackle". Give them a shout and they should be able to give you all the info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rodbender 2011

Ok thanks very much for d info

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

While on topic , is there any other places on the river that allow a yearly fee to be paid ? I'm after trying numerous stretches and basically got told no I wasn't from the area or I didn't know anyone in club which is very annoying and wrong if u ask me

Let me know how your enquiry goes I hope you don't have the same issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rodbender 2011

I dont actually know the stretch that well to know if it is divided up to fish certain parts or what.Ihave walked along the river with my dog enough times to talk to members and i must say they were friendly enough and chatty,but i too am not from the area and it remains to be seen if i will be allowed to join.I have learned from a member that people from the city have come down and fished without permission and i can understand thier frustration having paid their membership,but you know the saying it only takes 1 bad egg!!.If i get any more info ill letvyou know.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

popsy09 wrote: »
    While on topic , is there any other places on the river that allow a yearly fee to be paid ? I'm after trying numerous stretches and basically got told no I wasn't from the area or I didn't know anyone in club which is very annoying and wrong if u ask me

Let me know how your enquiry goes I hope you don't have the same issues

My syndicate 'might' be taking new members during the off season. PM me around December after we have discussed our options for the 2014 season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

stylie wrote: »
    My syndicate 'might' be taking new members during the off season. PM me around December after we have discussed our options for the 2014 season.

what part of the river are you in ? im in a syndicate already by banteer in looking for something down lower if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

We have one section below Millstreet, 2 around Mallow and one above Ballyduff. Next year it might change

Advertisement