Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Remember Trooper Patrick Mullins

• 13-09-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

On 15 September 1961, eighteen year old Trooper Patrick Mullins was posted missing after a bloody ambush of an Irish UN convoy in the Congo.Mullins was killed and his body taken as spoils of war by the rebel militia. Tpr. Mullins' body remained buried in an unknown grave.
    So I ask that you remember him at noon on the 15 of September,Say a prayer, go to a church and light a candle.
    Let not this man be forgotten.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Poor bastard!

The lads had a rough time over there! I'm sure he didn't go peacefully!

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

On 15 September 1961, eighteen year old Trooper Patrick Mullins was posted missing after a bloody ambush of an Irish UN convoy in the Congo.Mullins was killed and his body taken as spoils of war by the rebel militia. Tpr. Mullins' body remains buried in an unknown grave.
    So I ask that we remember him at noon on the 15 of September,Say a prayer, go to a church and light a candle.
    Let not this man be forgotten.

Advertisement