Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Better

Options
  • 07-09-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I need to get better at drawing still life objects for my exams.. i was just wondering what would be the main techniques i would have to use to make my drawings look 3G and just realistic? Most of my drawings are sketches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

becoming good at shading will help you're work appear more 3D but more than that, you need to measure carefully. use the end of your pencil and be ruthless and patient. take breaks while drawing, step away and come back. You'll see many mistakes with fresh eyes. use a light pencil until you're sure. It takes time but the more practice you get in each day will really stand to you. Set up a still life of manmade objects that will go undisturbed in your room. That way you can not worry about things going off. Even use one object at a time. Too much at the start might overwhelm you. you can try and use the grid system as well and set up a window view with cardboard to your still life. careful measurement is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

i usually had a habit to just do a drawing fast because it would look good and i didnt want to move away from it because i would start seeing my mistakes haha.. but i guess to improve i should. Thank you for the tips :D Any ideas on how i could improve with paint too ?

Advertisement