Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle computer with Cadence

Options
  • 05-09-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody provide advice on a good computer that has cadence functionality?

Wireless preferred.

The only other feature i'm interested in is distance, which should not be difficult!

All other features are a bonus.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Garmin Edge 500, can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jam_on_toast

Ouch, €240. Is there a half decent cheaper option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm using a Cateye Strada wired which was about €40. The wireless option would be a bit dearer. I wouldn't bother with the wireless version myself since you have two batteries to take care of and the possibility of interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

I use the same as cdaly and it's fine. Use Strava on my phone for other measurements. Paid €45 for mine. Cateye Strada Cadence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I use the exact same. Works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I'm using a Cateye Strada wired which was about €40. The wireless option would be a bit dearer. I wouldn't bother with the wireless version myself since you have two batteries to take care of and the possibility of interference.

I use the Cateye Digital Wireless (http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-RD410DW/). Not worried about two batteries, never had interference problem. The older systems where you have to set the channel could give that problem but this automatically takes care of that now.

In general, it works well though am disappointed that all these systems close off the bluetooth channel forcing you to buy their HRM - I have a couple of Polar HRM's that I could use if these were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jam_on_toast

Thanks all, help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Hi,

Can anybody provide advice on a good computer that has cadence functionality?

Wireless preferred.

The only other feature i'm interested in is distance, which should not be difficult!

All other features are a bonus.

Cheers.

Hi,
    Just wondering what did you get for a finish? I'm in the same boat myself, and there are so many options it's just crazy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

tacklemore wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering what did you get for a finish? I'm in the same boat myself, and there are so many options it's just crazy.

Thanks
    On a budget, the wired Cateye Strada Cadence €44
    Wireless is a bit more, €89 from Ribble but you might find it for less.
    Garmin Edge 500 is the next step up, you'd be paying more than €150 for it with cadence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Edge 500 (red + HRM and cadence ). Got mine for 200 and well pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

I don't want to spend too much, possibly max €100. Those Garmins are some job but awful pricey.
    Will check out that one on ribble. Anyone had experience with other brands aside from cateye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

tacklemore wrote: »
    I don't want to spend too much, possibly max €100. Those Garmins are some job but awful pricey.
    Will check out that one on ribble. Anyone had experience with other brands aside from cateye?

I know they are pricy. I'm usually a guy who likes to find cheaper alternatives. Saving for a while and getting garmin was one of the best addition to the bike.

Advertisement