Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything happening for World Finals?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Anyone know of any events/gatherings happening for the S3 World Finals around Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Facebook group is trying to organise a a venue to show the finals alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'd defo be up for meeting up to watch some of the finals. Keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

They announced the times over the weekend and it's all pretty much unwatchable for EU viewers. Only 3 out of the 13 dates are viewable without either staying up ridiculously late or getting up ridiculously early.

See here: http://eune.lolesports.com/worlds/about

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Over in Fighting Game land we book the XGC on Liffey Street for an all nighter of games and stream the Evo finals to several screens.

It usually costs about 20 quid per person to do and is a lot of fun.

The times are a serious pain in the ass. Won't be watching half as much now. Times are even worse than last years worlds !

Will still be watching the semis and grand final. Probably quarters too.

Xgc seems like a cool idea.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

just writing in my holiday requests for work now for that week :) (have extra days off to use so may as well!)

Over in Fighting Game land we book the XGC on Liffey Street for an all nighter of games and stream the Evo finals to several screens.

It usually costs about 20 quid per person to do and is a lot of fun.

Do the XGC allow you to bring alcohol in if you rent the place ? How many people would it hold ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Korvanica wrote: »
    Do the XGC allow you to bring alcohol in if you rent the place ? How many people would it hold ?

I've never directly asked them on the status of alcohol but I've definitely seen the odd drink being consumed there.

I'd say the upstairs would probably hold a max of 60-70 people (judging off the largest tournament we had there). You could double that if there was enough interest to use downstairs, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You could contact Captain Americas, Woolshed and GreenRoom Bar and some other places.
    They have hosted Barcrafts in the past, which is basically the same thing you are looking for except with Starcraft 2

Luckily over here in Korea there is a TV station basically dedicated to LOL :p , though similar to Europe but not as bad, the times are all messed up, with some very late else early daytime.

Advertisement