Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best example of "karma" in action that you have seen?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

This thread about karma got me thinking

What is the best example of "karma" in action that you have seen? For me, it was a few months ago. I was at a festival, on the last day, and got talking to a friend of the friend of the people we were camping with. On the second day, she had lost her camera. It was a really good expensive Nikon camera as well and she was devastated. She checked Lost & Found and turns out somebody had just handed it in! She was delighted, this was a small festival, if she had lost it at Oxegen or something it would have been pocketed in a heartbeat. Anyways, she was absolutely delighted and kept saying how lovely it was that an honest person had found it, and as she was saying this, she found an iPhone 5 on the ground. And she pocketed it. Everyone kept saying to her that she should really hand it in, after being so happy that someone handed in her camera but she refused, and kept it.

That night, as she was sleeping, someone shat in her tent.

On her furry handbag.

That she went looking for in her dark tent looking for her torch.

Karma! :cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

The bloke in the other thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

The way this story reads, it sounds like someone that knew her took the **** in her tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Karma seems to always find me.
    Obviously I've grown up now but years ago When I was younger I bought a robbed moped and drove the sh1te out of it.
    Two year later when I started driving my car was robbed and another one after that.
    Reckon that was karma kicking me up the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I enjoyed seeing Naomi Campbell squirm in a War Crimes tribunal. I bet every PA she has ever had, had a whale of a time watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

mad turnip wrote: »
    The way this story reads, it sounds like someone that knew her took the **** in her tent.

That's what I thought, but obviously no one owned up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

rawn wrote: »
    That's what I thought, but obviously no one owned up :pac:

It was a Karma operative.

kneemos wrote: »
    It was a Karma operative.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

best example of karma has to be at our local Indian restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fella round our way was notorious for compo claims, nearly closed down one local business. The joke was that he'd fall over a speck of dust.

fell down his stairs at home and broke his back, paralysing him.

bit harsh, but karma at work.

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

Saw a lizard being born...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Yeah - "someone"!

Good for you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

karma doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've watched 'My Name is Earl'.
    Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I heard of a farrier who was known for illtreating animals, recently a horse kicked him in the chest and killed him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

What's a shat?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

On her furry handbag.:

You know you are getting old when you can't keep up with the latest euphanism for minge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Living in the States a good few years ago in a Paddy's abroad apartment in NY, 10 to a room, working on building sites.

Sunday evening after a very heavy weekend we were discussing tactics for getting out of work on the Monday without being sacked.

One of the lads said he'd just tell them his granny had died. This excuse got him out of dodge in the past he told us.

Fast forward three hours, middle of the night, the phone rang. Granny was gone!

harney wrote: »
    You know you are getting old when you can't keep up with the latest euphanism for minge :o

Haha! It actually wasn't a euphanism but would be hilarious if someone did actually poop on her hooha.
    Whoever did it had obviously got some erm... digestive issues and couldn't quite make it to the portaloos, which were close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Haha! It actually wasn't a euphanism but would be hilarious if someone did actually poop on her hooha.
    Whoever did it had obviously got some erm... digestive issues and couldn't quite make it to the portaloos, which were close by.

i must be getting old, whats a Hooha :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i must be getting old, whats a Hooha :confused:

A rack of clam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Paddy Cow wrote: »

You just beat me to it, was about to post the same link. That would be a case of just desserts if I ever I saw some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The great thing about karma is that you can be a cunt to everyone you meet, knowing that they deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Merkin wrote: »
    You just beat me to it, was about to post the same link. That would be a case of just desserts if I ever I saw some.
    I bet he won't though. It's harder for a man to contract HIV from a woman than vice versa.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I was in the Mater A & E one night. There was a woman there sitting in a wheelchair (despite not needing one). Most other people were standing due to lack of seats other than some drunk auld lad who was also in a wheelchair.

This woman was pretty horrible, kept having a go at nurses about being forced to wait around and racially abusing the black security guard. She was also being a pain in the arse to other people waiting to be seen. At one point she went to the bathroom, came back and sat back down to moan some more. About 5 minutes later she started screaming in disgust as she realised she'd sat down in the drunk lad's wheelchair. Turned out he had pissed all over it and decided to swap while she was in the bathroom. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

Hi guys,
    I was looking for people's stories/comments on the topic of karma? It's actually really weird and difficult to explain but I will try my best to do so. I believe that our universe is like an energy and when we bring positive energy we get it right back or negative energy comes right back.In simple terms what goes around comes back around like a full circle.I never really gave it any thought until recently when I started putting pieces of the puzzle together and then all of a sudden stuff started to make sense. I have many stories but ill touch the tip of the iceberg with this one

A few years ago I took a dislike to one of my best friends at the time and his girlfriend mostly due to the fact that they were getting involved in my love life at the time. So I slowly stopped talking to them both and then after a few months gave them the silent treatment and then we stopped being friends and making contact.At the same time my friend on the other side stopped taking to me answering texts etc..... I never mentioned anything about blanking my other friend. Both these different friends never knew each other and we don't even have mutual friends so within the space of a year I lost 2 friends (one by choice and one for reasons unknown) Its like exactly what I was thinking was happening but it was coming in two's. It's a bit weird to explain by text and it will also sound bizarre if I get into full detail.

I have so many other similar stories like this but this sticks out as I always wonder how exactly this could have happened.

So who's next?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's bollox.
    Can I answer any other questions for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

It's bollox.
    Can I answer any other questions for you?

I accept your bid and raise you... "Forever Alone".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

con1421 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was looking for people's stories/comments on the topic of karma? It's actually really weird and difficult to explain but I will try my best to do so. I believe that our universe is like an energy and when we bring positive energy we get it right back or negative energy comes right back.In simple terms what goes around comes back around like a full circle.I never really gave it any thought until recently when I started putting pieces of the puzzle together and then all of a sudden stuff started to make sense. I have many stories but ill touch the tip of the iceberg with this one

A few years ago I took a dislike to one of my best friends at the time and his girlfriend mostly due to the fact that they were getting involved in my love life at the time. So I slowly stopped talking to them both and then after a few months gave them the silent treatment and then we stopped being friends and making contact.At the same time my friend on the other side stopped taking to me answering texts etc..... I never mentioned anything about blanking my other friend. Both these different friends never knew each other and we don't even have mutual friends so within the space of a year I lost 2 friends (one by choice and one for reasons unknown) Its like exactly what I was thinking was happening but it was coming in two's. It's a bit weird to explain by text and it will also sound bizarre if I get into full detail.

I have so many other similar stories like this but this sticks out as I always wonder how exactly this could have happened.

So who's next?

it's because you're a cúnt, no other explanation really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nemeses wrote: »
    I accept your bid and raise you... "Forever Alone".

What are you getting at?

Advertisement