Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey, everyone!

Options
  • 02-09-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals.

Just thought it was worth a mention, because I saw a thread about it,
    but there is an Irish League of Legends community currently on Facebook - and it's actually quite big - almost 800 members.
    Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/
    Or search 'This is Irish League of Legends' .
    We'll also be starting up a website soon called 'Gaelic Gaming' ,
    a website for all things gaming in Ireland - we got funding for the site and it should be up in around a month!
    (also - in the LoL client, there is a chatroom called 'irish lol' but the in game chatrooms are usually pretty dead)

So do join the community if you aren't already a member!
    See you on the Rift!
    Ronomono (Ronano in-game)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Facebook is kind of terrible for a gaming community imo, at least for new members as there is just no structure to it or starting point. I joined the group a while a go but just put it on the ignore after a couple of days. I'll check out the website when the website is put up, is there a mumble/teamspeak server or anything for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ronomono

Magill wrote: »
    Facebook is kind of terrible for a gaming community imo, at least for new members as there is just no structure to it or starting point. I joined the group a while a go but just put it on the ignore after a couple of days. I'll check out the website when the website is put up, is there a mumble/teamspeak server or anything for it ?

It's just that FB is easy to use, most people are on it, so having a group there is good to have nonetheless - We have structure, there's rules, etc, it's quite active - and is doing pretty well. Website will be up in about a month, and I believe we will be getting a Teamspeak when the website goes up!

Ronomono wrote: »
    It's just that FB is easy to use, most people are on it, so having a group there is good to have nonetheless - We have structure, there's rules, etc, it's quite active - and is doing pretty well. Website will be up in about a month, and I believe we will be getting a Teamspeak when the website goes up!

Why wait for the teamspeak ? I mean.. i bought a mumble server for 6 months with 50 slots for only a tenner or something. Its incredibly cheap and would be so worth it.

Magill wrote: »
    Why wait for the teamspeak ? I mean.. i bought a mumble server for 6 months with 50 slots for only a tenner or something. Its incredibly cheap and would be so worth it.

True - will look into it ASAP! :)

Ronomono wrote: »
    True - will look into it ASAP! :)

Its diffo worth it, post the ip and stuff up here when ya's get it sorted. I'll pop on for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Most of the people that play community games have Teamspeak or Mumble servers to use.

Also the amount of dribblers on that page is insane.

We will have a TS up at some stage :P

And unfortunately, most of the time, the 'dribblers' are the loudest :P
    But there's good people there too, so, y'know - balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

you guys can use my TS server NO Problem, it has 30 slots, I can up it if needs be. 46.20.116.65:11007. I am thinking of starting tournaments for LOL. at my next LAN Event (overclocker.ie). I really love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Boards.ie already has a teamspeak server. I can't find the details with a search - I'll post them later on when I log into my home computer.

[edit] This could be it [/edit]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Sniipe wrote: »
    Boards.ie already has a teamspeak server. I can't find the details with a search - I'll post them later on when I log into my home computer.

[edit] This could be it [/edit]

Its at the top of this post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057002935

• Advertisement
Advertisement