Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Early Trade help

Options
  • 29-08-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭

So I got this offer today.

I get Robert Woods wr Buf and Thomas RB Mia and he gets Kenbrell Thompkins Wr NE.

My rb's are Murray, Martin and Bernard. My Wr's are Cobb GB, Williams TB, Browne SD, Jeffory CHI and Randle NYG.

Not happy with original trade but was thinking of a counter.

My TE is Meyers, mare imo. Is it worth countering Meyers and Thompkins for zudfeld (NE) and Woods? I mean I prob wont use thompkins unless he goes crazy with brady, then again if amendola is hurt he could be the guy.. couldn't he?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Kembrell has been solid in preseason, wouldnt touch that trade. Brady has nobody else to throw to. Also a rookie QB in Buffalo I'd avoid any of the WR's, I'd actually avoid anybody from Buffalo except CJ Spiller

See if you can pick up the CIN TE, rookie from ND. Wouldnt touch that trade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

turning to Hanners for help is the first mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

sorry must have forgot to press end yest.... Ya I pretty much woke up thinking why did I even bother posting that here. If he click with Brady and he has shown promise, then there is no reason he can't be a top 20 wr this year.

Thompkins is a great prospect, but the best case is that he has 2-3 games this year that make you wish you'd started him. Danny Amendola is going to see a ton of targets as long as he's healthy and Rob Gronkowski is going to gobble up his share as soon as he gets back on the field. Thompkins will be an unreliable option in 2013 that will be just as likely to go for 100 yards and a score as he will be to put up a goose egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Thompkins is a great prospect, but the best case is that he has 2-3 games this year that make you wish you'd started him. Danny Amendola is going to see a ton of targets as long as he's healthy and Rob Gronkowski is going to gobble up his share as soon as he gets back on the field. Thompkins will be an unreliable option in 2013 that will be just as likely to go for 100 yards and a score as he will be to put up a goose egg.

See I don't agree. Amendola is banged up constantly and Gronk is missing 4 games minimum. Brady found a WR in Thompkins he can throw to and trust and that is not something Brady finds easy. Fantasy wise I wouldn't say Thompkins will be "unreliable" at all but he will range from Good to solid. Probably average

As soon as Brady makes that first completion to him in the regular season everyone will know Brady has found a new target and when Brady finds a target he will use them. The pre-season may not be a gauge to anything but what it told us is that Brady trusts him.

Expect Thompkins at min to get a 900 yard season and 4-5 TDs. I can see him going 1500 yards and 6-7 Tds.

• Advertisement

Is that a typo TO? 1500 yards?

That would put him in the top 30 of all time in receiving yards. And certainly the top 3 rookie performances of all time.

And this from an undrafted rookie.

eh, no.

Is that a typo TO? 1500 yards?

That would put him in the top 30 of all time in receiving yards. And certainly the top 3 rookie performances of all time.

Records are there to be broken. But you missed the obvious tongue and cheek me being a Pats fan and all. But the fact of the matter is the min Yards and TDs I said is where I realistically see him finishing.

And this from an undrafted rookie.

What relevance has this? Plenty of players have gone undrafted and had solid rookie seasons. This day and age how one made the team is irrelevant. Wes Welker never got drafted granted he did nothing in his rookie year but look what Brady and the Pats did for him. So trying to look smart and using the drafted/undrafted thing is pointless at best.

The draft has shown many times that its not really a true gauge of ability anymore. So many undrafted guys in the league right now. Thompkins has been lucky that the Pats have a dire need for Receivers so he could actually go and get instant action and get right to business as a rookie.

yeah fair enough.....

900 yards and a bunch of tds would still be a good return for him. Sorry, I know you are a pats fan, but when I saw 1500, well, I immediately thought you had lost the plot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I think people are expecting a bit too much out of Thompkins.

Look a little deeper at the stats and it could go either way for the kid.

During preseason he was targeted 25 times for 15 catches. That is good stats.

However, he dropped 4 passes. That is a huge percentage.

Brady isn't the kind of guy who will keep going back to you if you keep dropping the ball. Now maybe the drops are out of his system but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't used as widely as expected. I think Brady will stick to the 2 TE's and Amendola.

Saying that, as a Jets fan, I really hope every last one of them struggle this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Id take that trade all day. Thompkins did well during preseason, but if the connection continues then teams will start putting their top corners on him, which is where it'll end for an undrafted rookie. If he gets into rotation I could see him with Edelman like numbers, which isn't altogether bad but you're getting a great flyer in woods and a rb that still has an outside chance of being a no.1 back in Thomas. I'd take the trade for Thomas alone especially with Murray an injury waiting to happen

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Id take that trade all day. Thompkins did well during preseason, but if the connection continues then teams will start putting their top corners on him, which is where it'll end for an undrafted rookie. If he gets into rotation I could see him with Edelman like numbers, which isn't altogether bad but you're getting a great flyer in woods and a rb that still has an outside chance of being a no.1 back in Thomas. I'd take the trade for Thomas alone especially with Murray an injury waiting to happen

A flyer in Woods? He has done very little to date and with the QB mess in Buffalo who knows what Woods will see. Woods isnt even WR1 or WR2 on the Bills depth chart. Right now everything you can say about Thompkins you can say about Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

TO. wrote: »
    A flyer in Woods? He has done very little to date and with the QB mess in Buffalo who knows what Woods will see. Woods isnt even WR1 or WR2 on the Bills depth chart. Right now everything you can say about Thompkins you can say about Woods.

Hence why he's a flyer. But this is in respect of the trade. If Woods and Thompkins are similar then surely it's a no-brainer to take Thomas and Woods for Thompkins? Fwiw I Thompkins is a much better option at this point than Woods but Thomas swings it massively in favour of making the trade

Advertisement