Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing at Castletown House (Celbridge, Co. Kildare)

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I acknowledge that most places in Leixlip require you to be part of the local fishing club to fish (or have a weekend pass), thus I was wondering what was the story with Castletown House; do you need any sort of local club membership? I have seen a lot of people fishing there, with no interruption by the local security, so I'm guessing one is not needed, but I thought I'd check here first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

@tin79 could you pm me also with details regarding this venue. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Actually is this Ballyfin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Actually is this Ballyfin?

Its in Kildare, Celbridge village. That the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob99754096

Hi tin79, I am actually moving to the area in a couple of weeks and love my fishing. Could you possibly send on the same tips via pm to me as well please? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 farmer22

does anyone have any up to date info on this area?thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 patn

I don't know if any club controls the water but I don't think so. I see a lot of people coarse fishing there and some people,spinning it or using worms. Only ever saw one person pull a fish out which was a small trout taken on a nymph. In summary I dont think the fishing there is very good but if any one else has any info could they pm me please.

Advertisement