Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

salmon fishing in cappoquin

Options
  • 26-08-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

with the water being so low im wasting my time in my usual stretch on the blackwater , i was thinking of getting a day ticket and heading down to cappoquin but i never fished it before not even sure where to go down there

any one fish it lately ? any tips where to go etc i like all methods but prefer spinning and worm not that confident on fly yet

i have checked the website but it seems like it was not updated since 2012 with prices etc

looking to go this saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

I passed the straight just out side cappoquin on Sunday and there was 6 people fishing, seemed 2 were spinning and the rest maybe worms...one lad was walking away with a nice salmon of about 7-8 pounds. The post office in cappoquin in a tackle shop so maybe ring them first if you are traveling far, the lad in there give good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thekevin4540

i fished it the other day there wasent a fish cot all day its mostly shrimping down there but u will get them on worm and spinning its 20 a day untill september and then it goes up to 40 the place is full of fish theres a few being cot but not great numbers for there i tryed everything the other day not a tap i could see fish with the glasses and put the shrimp in front of there nose and not a tap

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

The fish are there but its not fishing. Few are being caught. The whole system needs a drop of water. Prices as above afaik and anually about 150, though I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

well at least i know i will be covering fish below there my beat is just before millstreet so all the fish are well coloured now

think ill get a ticket friday and head down saturday see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Its tidal as well, which is a nuisance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

slight change of plan i got a call earlier to go shark fishing sunday so ill give the salmon a skip this weekend. i will be down there before season is out i always wanted to fish it

Advertisement