Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement & Wedding Rings - Antwerp

Options
  • 19-08-2013 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

My darling daughter and her soon to be fiance are are going shopping for "The Sparkler" in Antwerp soon.

Could anyone with experience of ring shopping there post their recommendations (or don't gos as the case may be)?

I know we have a few Low Countries residents here as well and their experiences (in engagement-ring shopping!) could prove invaluable.

Thanks in advance, mathepac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Think there is a wedding forum on boards, they might have some info on the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

mathepac wrote: »
    My darling daughter and her soon to be fiance are are going shopping for "The Sparkler" in Antwerp soon.

Could anyone with experience of ring shopping there post their recommendations (or don't gos as the case may be)?

I know we have a few Low Countries residents here as well and their experiences (in engagement-ring shopping!) could prove invaluable.

Thanks in advance, mathepac

Don't go anywhere until you know the 4 C's really well. Get a loop also. T

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭abbeyrock

Before they spend money compare prices in Dublin, a lot has changed in the last four years most of the brokers in Antwerp are selling here in Ireland, they are not your usual high street jewellery shops but if you G**gle "diamond brokers" you will find one.

I got engaged last xmas and went to a diamond broker before i paid out he let me get an independent valuation and it was about 40% higher than what I was paying, not that its all about money but I got more bang for my buck, luckily my fiancee would have said yes to a wooden ring.

If you need any help let me know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

@mods - could you move this to "weddings" please?

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Bought OH ring there in 2007 from the following

http://www.jkatzjewellers.be/

Couldn't say enough about him or the experience (went on my own as a surprise)

And as stated above, read up on the 4 c's. In antwerp, it's all about the diamond. The ring style comes second.

Great experience, and if I could afford I would treat the OH again..

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mathepac wrote: »
    @mods - could you move this to "weddings" please?

Thanks for the replies guys.
    mods dont have the time to read every post so the chances are they wont see your request. You should report your first post or any post in this thread and make the request that way. The mods will get an email alert then of the reported post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I met the happy couple at Dublin airport this morning. They were tired but very, very happy. They got an insurance valuation done in Dublin before heading home. After the valuation they were even happier.

They have birth certs, passports, quality certs, ids, laser etches and so on for the ring, the sparkler and the minor stones in the setting. I'm not an expert by any manner or means but I was impressed by the "sparkliness". The stone is the real deal not boiled, artificially enhanced or messed around with other than cur and polish.

I'll post a picture if I get permission. Thanks again.

Advertisement