Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Does kindle fire work in Ireland ?

• 17-08-2013 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ Teresa kirkham

Please can anyone tell me if kindle fire works in Ireland . As I'm getting a lot of mixed views . And where is best price ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ fangirl

Yes, you can order from Amazon.co.uk.
    I doubt you will get it cheaper elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 Godge

fangirl wrote: »
    Yes, you can order from Amazon.co.uk.
    I doubt you will get it cheaper elsewhere.

Walmart in the US if you are over there or you know someone to bring it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭ bpmurray

Godge wrote: »
    Walmart in the US if you are over there or you know someone to bring it home.

Yes, but it's less easy to install non-Amazon books than other tablets. You'll find better tablets for less money, without this limitation, on which you can install the Kindle app so you'll still have a Kindle capable device. If you still decide to go with Kindle, you can use Calibre to manage your books.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ mrs aol

But is it easier to read alot on the kkindle fire screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ mrs aol

But is it easier to read alot on the kkindle fire screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 looking_around

it's generally easier to read books on an e-reader than on a tablet. (for longer periods of the time) The kindle fire is no different, being a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭ seagull

Is there anywhere in Ireland selling the kindle fire, or do I need to buy from amazon direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ pumbah

seagull wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Ireland selling the kindle fire, or do I need to buy from amazon direct?
    Currys sell the current generation 8GB for €149 and at the moment you get €20 cashback on it!

http://www.currys.ie/Product/KINDLE-Fire-HD-7andrdquo-Tablet-andndash-8-GB/320651/7.18

Advertisement