Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Bike parking

Options
  • 16-08-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Is there any halfway decent place to park a bike in the airport for a couple of days? It's just going to be my manky-looking hacker but it's a great bike and I'm still fond of it so I'd rather it wasn't nicked.

I've found a few suggestions online from years ago and thought that with all the building work recently the situation might have changed. The best suggestion seemed to be bike parking beside a garda station in the airport whereever that is.

I never leave any of my bikes locked in dodgy areas or anywhere at all for longer than I can help but I'm planning to slap my two Kryptonite D locks on for peace of mind. I'd avoid bringing the bike altogether but just in this case it'd be a massive hassle to get there any other way.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The website makes no mention of bike parking, maybe call them and ask?
    http://www.donegalairport.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Donegal Airport? There's an airport on Donegal?

I know the OP fails to mention the name of the airport, but why would anybody assume it's in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bannerfella

I assumed it was Dublin Airport the OP was referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

There are definitely bike racks on the groundfloor of the carpark at Terminal 1 (Dublin), looked like anyone could use them. That was 2 weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Zen0 wrote: »
    ..I know the OP fails to mention the name of the airport, but why would anybody assume it's in Donegal?
    Why would anyone assume it's not Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Schnell

Erk I left out that crucial detail; suggestions for bike parking at Dublin airport please.

Obviously another unforgivable example of being totally Donegal centric from snubbleste. It's ridiculous how people always assume you're talking about Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Schnell

MB Lacey wrote: »
    There are definitely bike racks on the groundfloor of the carpark at Terminal 1 (Dublin), looked like anyone could use them. That was 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, I'll plan on heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Given that motorcyclists are at liberty to park in the short term for free, I don't think anyone will object to a bicycle - just so long as it's not blocking an emergency exit or whatever. There are plenty of posts, railings etc. about the place to lock on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's a bike rack on the ground floor of car park A near the central mall. There are always a few bikes there. It's just across the road from arrivals. It probably fairly safe as there is almost a constant stream of traffic and pedestrians in the area.

(Directions - follow signs for short term parking at Terminal One. Go partly up the ramp and veer right. Enter the first car park entrance you see on the left. Go around barrier (plenty of room) and turn left and then right shortly after. Continue past the car valeting station and further up until you see the pedestrian entrance/exit door in the corner. The bike racks are just to the right of that door beside a large machine with a cage around it. There are often motorcycles there also and DAA staff seem to enjoy leaving floor cleaning machines in the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Just called Dublin Airport and they've confirmed that Block A near T1 has a designated bike rack and it is fine to leave your precious one there for a couple of days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement