Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fish for salmon/trout in the clare river?

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi, i wanted to start salmon fishing so i got a licence today and i was wondering ...

what bait will i use?

where to cast? in shade, under a bridge or near weeds/rocks

i dont want to start fly fishing yet.

where in the river will i fish? fast water, slow water, still water?

what weight line will i use?

should i float worms/maggots?

any help welcome :D:D:D:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

hi, i wanted to start salmon fishing so i got a licence today and i was wondering ...

You just got a licence yesterday, but in another post just half an hour before this one you said you were worm fishing for trout and salmon the last 3 days on the river...???
    hi, i was fishing the clare river in claregalway for the last three days and most people i seen were floating worms, spinning and fly fishing.

i tried both sides of the bridge every day and the only time i see people catching fish is in the morning/evening time.

i was floating worms on a hook for trout and salmon but didnt catch anything but i did get 1 big bite in three days.

Since you have a licence now, all I'll say is you're more likely to catch fishing the worm close to the bottom, so forget the float and use a small ball of lead on a leger setup to trot the worm down the current close to the riverbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Irish_Fisher

yes i know that is because i typed that post 5 days ago and only posted it yesterday because i didnt have time to create an account untill yesterday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

In time you will learn to think how the fish does. Where he will wait for food? Is it at the head of the rapids? In the rapids! or in in the calm spot at the end of the rapids or the eddy to the side? Think about it.

Advertisement