Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new discworld book - Raising Steam, out Oct

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

The books have become more keen insight fulness about the world as seen through tht mirror the discworld has become. It are more wry smiles then laugh suddenly out louds, but enjoyable all the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Generally I found the book enjoyable enough. It was standard MVL fayre. Maybe the character development was not great and the plot seemed incidental to the whole story but still an entertaining read.
    There was a nod to most of the other main characters throughout the Discworld series which made me think it was a farewell novel but maybe that is my own paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I found it disappointing, if I'm honest. There were a few good moments, but it did feel a lot like we'd seen most of this plot before.

Tired is probably the word I'd use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

I stopped reading this book after ten pages - it's strange it doesn't seem to be TP's writing style at all. I appreciate he's not well and maybe I'm being too nostalgic but it's odd. It's almost as if he'd taken some fanfiction and bundled it into a book.

Advertisement