Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Galway Airsofters Unite!!

• 10-08-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ captain wow

Hi there Galway Airsoft players. I've seen a couple of threads on here bemoaning the lack of airsoft venues in galway and i know the feeling. I know at least 2 are discussing the founding of a club/site here in galway. This is something that i would absolutely love to see happen but i don't see it happening in the immediate future:(

However, in the mean time how does organising a galway airsofters outing sound? I got a quote from a bus hire company in galway today out of interest:

a 53 seater coach from galway city directly to the Hive in Tallaght and back for a day's gaming would cost €600 - that's just under €11.50 per head if 53 players were travelling.
    A saturday game is €25 with your own gear and the rental package is €45. so in total €37 or €57 for new players.

I'm using the hive as an example here- (maybe a CQB site wouldn't be everyone's first choice etc.) - but it gives you an idea of the kind of cost we're talking about. Obviously it needs to be more thoroughly costed but I don't think there's much point before we had a better idea of player interest and numbers.

So are there enough galway players to fill a bus? I think there might be and i think the €57 price tag for the day would attract a few new players also.
    Plus it could be a good way to gauge interest for anybody who is considering setting up a site in galway and could be the first step towards a club.

I'd love to hear from any galway players!!

Update: Just heard from tigerland and they are offering member rate of €20 for the day if a bus could be orgaqnised

Advertisement