Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When would suit for a games night?

Options
  • 10-08-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

So I saw the idea floated in another thread that we could organise a regular friendly games night once or twice a week/fortnight. I think it's a good idea myself, because with all the IRL stuff people have going on it can be hard to make any plans so just hoping people are online at the same time and using the in-game stuff doesn't always work out too well.

I'm not around too much over the next few weeks, but I'd like to make myself useful in that time if I can so I'm making a poll to find out when it might suit people to do something like that.

I don't think myself there's much point in only having one games night split across all the games, as it looks like a lot of us play more than one game so I'm also asking which game you'd play, although for now I'm leaving it as Dota2 and LoL because the poll is pretty unwieldy as it is.

I'd like to do it in a way that suits as many people as possible, so the question is really "What suits people?"

If people could post saying how often they'd be up for something like this also, that'd be handy.

When would suit you for a games night? 69 votes

Monday Dota2
    0% 0 votes
    Tuesday Dota2
    11% 8 votes
    Wednesday Dota2
    10% 7 votes
    Thursday Dota2
    14% 10 votes
    Friday Dota2
    14% 10 votes
    Saturday Dota2
    10% 7 votes
    Sunday Dota2
    10% 7 votes
    Monday LoL
    11% 8 votes
    Tuesday LoL
    2% 2 votes
    Wednesday LoL
    2% 2 votes
    Thursday LoL
    2% 2 votes
    Friday LoL
    2% 2 votes
    Saturday LoL
    2% 2 votes
    Sunday LoL
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can't really do weekends but should be free most weekdays for some games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cant play much for two weeks but after that most nights should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd be interested for the LoL segments if they were inhouse custom games, in a traditional 5v5 format. No real interest if its ARAMs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I would think myself 5v5 summoners rift custom games would be the way to go for LoL myself.

I think doing the most popular game mode in a way that doesn't put pressure on people would be the best way to make sure everyone has a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

To be honest with the momentum the dota2 side of things is having, there is generally 20/30 people on a night, and between us that actively play, our friends, and guildies theres usually enough for a good few games each night. We're nearing the point of being able to run 2 games simultaniously. Perhaps a night organised every couple of weeks for interesting things like pudge wars and wtf mode might be in order?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah tehre was two on at the smae time yesterday, good stuff. Just need to come on teamspeak and you will get a game no problem.

Yeah tehre was two on at the smae time yesterday, good stuff. Just need to come on teamspeak and you will get a game no problem.

Teamspeak is a problem for some people (lazy, crap pc) but i generally find the in-game voice comms as effective. Is there a bias towards using them or is it just habit of having to use external comms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Tankran wrote: »
    Teamspeak is a problem for some people (lazy, crap pc) but i generally find the in-game voice comms as effective. Is there a bias towards using them or is it just habit of having to use external comms?
    So you can talk without typing between games.

Fair enough! Was just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The quality's better, you can talk in between games, organise games via there etc.

• Advertisement

Yup jsut much better in general, you can see 10 people on and bam have a game. No pc that can run dota 2 should have a problem with teamspeak I wouldnt think.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Tankran wrote: »
    To be honest with the momentum the dota2 side of things is having, there is generally 20/30 people on a night, and between us that actively play, our friends, and guildies theres usually enough for a good few games each night. We're nearing the point of being able to run 2 games simultaniously. Perhaps a night organised every couple of weeks for interesting things like pudge wars and wtf mode might be in order?

That's a good idea, but as you point out a lot of it has to do with the Dota2 momentum/large numbers of players available. It's easy to do those things when you're sure you can get enough people that they'll still work without the people who don't want to do custom modes, the LoL side of things doesn't have that momentum yet.

Although I should probably cross-post over on the facebook page to see what people over there think. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet :o

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The quality's better, you can talk in between games, organise games via there etc.

Oh you'd be suprised!

Advertisement