Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery Making Supplies

Options
  • 01-08-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    I'm a student living in Arklow, Co. Wicklow and have recently gotten into making macrame bracelets. They're so pretty and very easy to make. But I'm having trouble finding anywhere to buy Chinese knotting cord in Ireland. I bought one reel of cord from an online shop in the US but I'd prefer to buy it personally from a shop in Ireland, preferrably in or around the Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford area.

Please help! I've searched on Google and can't find knotting cord or anything like it. I almost hit the jackpot when I found out about BDI in Bray, but found out then that it closed in January.
    If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

If you do a search of this forum this query shows up regularly. One shop is Yellow Brick Road, another is Beads 'n Bling - both are in city centre. There is another one called Crown Jewels by George's Arcade - not 100% that all are still open as haven't been into any in a while (lapsed hobby!).

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rae92

Thanks for the suggestions, Cork_girl. I had already tried Yellow Brick Road and Beads n Bling but they didn't have what I'm looking for. I hadn't heard of Crown Jewels, though, so I might give that a try. Thank you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Oh - and if you are in Cork, Vibes & Scribes have a nice selection of beads too with accessories, has to be one of my favourite shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Minionions

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone knows what you call the piece of the earring thats not the ring?? I want to find designs online to put together myself but i can't seem to find anything but the loops...

Advertisement