Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural gemstone beads

Options
  • 28-07-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm wondering where one can find good suppliers of real natural gemstones' beads for jewellery and other crafts.. I've been on eBay and was scammed by many sellers from China who are selling fake gemstone beads (especially painted stuff).. :mad:
    While searching the net, I think the only store I feel I can trust is firemountaingems, but they are in the US and I think postage from there to Ireland is expensive... :(
    I don't want to use fake and bad quality stuff in my crafts, I'd rather some natural low grade gemstone beads than dyed stuff.. recently ordered a lapis lazuli strand from China, and as I was working on a necklace, the blue colour came out and destroyed my hands.. It was awful. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I'm looking for natural beads, at reasonable prices and postage costs.
    Any advice is welcome. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you tried talking to stacey in yellow brick road on the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Hi there,

I use http://www.geminibeads.ie/ for my beading needs. I've found good so far, fast delivery, good selection. They are based in cork.

Hope that helps,

Lobsterlady

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lehmann

Hi!

@stcstc: stacey? yellow brick road on the quays? I don't know who/what you're talking about, lol. Could you please explain?

@lobsterlady: Thanks for the link. I found their site days ago while googling.. however they don't have all the bead sizes that I need for my projects; most their beads are up to 8mm.. or in special forms like nuggets. They also don't give information on their beads (like if it's 100% natural, treated, what kind of treatment, etc.). :confused:
    :D

x

http://www.yellowbrickroad.ie/

stacey is the owner

@stcstc: ah! I see now. Thanks for the link!
    I'm checking their site now. Do you buy from them yourself? Are their beads natural and good quality? as I don't see much info on the nature of their beads (natural, dyed, stabilized, etc.). Thanks

• Advertisement

oh i dont know, i know the owner as a photography friend and customer

you should give them a ring, my understanding is they are very knowledgable

@stcstc: Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

just came across this forum but just in case you are still looking -
    My Sister in Law imports really excellent quality beads - natural/agates/gemstones etc etc from the east. My daughter makes up jewellery from her and the quality is excellent - Im not biased of course :D - check out her EBAY shop its called EASTERN-CHARACTER-BEADS - heres a link:

http://stores.ebay.ie/Eastern-Character-Beads

you can use PARCEL MOTEL to ship things from the UK to here remember (google PARCEL MOTEL if you arent familiar with it) - P&P is usually free to the PARCEL MOTEL in Belfast, then you pay E3.50 to get it shipped down to you - I use it all the time - fantastic service & saves a fortune!

Advertisement