Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful MOBA Links

Options
  • 28-07-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Just thought for new players they might find some links useful here to immerse themselves more. I've listed only Dota 2 and League links but if someone wants to throw some HoN or other Moba links up that's fine. I just don't know enough from other games to give them :)

Dota 2:

All round:
    JoinDota Guides Stats News VoDs Streams. All round good site for all things Dota related.

Guides:

Purge's Welcome to dota you suck Great all out starter guide for new players from a well known streamer and player.

Last hitting Guide Fundamentals of last hitting in Dota 2. Probably worth checking out for any Moba player.

Dotafire Hero list for Item and Skill builds Very useful for new players getting the hang of heroes not sure what to buy or skill.

Merlini's Console & game settings, hotkeys, camera, shift-queuing, game-time video

Warding guide Guide to warding more effectively.

Tools:

Dota Edge I don't much like this but you may find it useful. You basically enter in the enemy team and it shows you counter picks. It's definitely not full proof as it all comes down to player skill in the end but I'm sure it can help give you an "edge" if all things are equal.

Stats:

Dotabuff Public game and player stats

Dota Academy Competitive game stats

Streaming:

Stream Dota 2 Player and League streams. My personal favourite stream site. Easy to use and a simple layout.

Item Trading:

Dota 2 Prices Lists pretty up to date average prices in keys for all items.

Dota 2 Lounge Nice trading site with item betting on competitive games.

Dota 2 Warehouse On this site you trade items to a bot and receive an amount of "gold" which is worth items on their site. I would only use this site to pick up the odd item. Generally you won't get the full value for an item you trade to this site but if it's something small you don't mind losing a bit on then it's worth while because there are sometimes nice items you can grab.

Official Dota Forum Market This is the market from the official dota forum.

Reddit's Dota2Trade I'm not really a fan of trading here as I find your thread generally will die pretty quickly in comparison to the likes of dota2lounge where you can bump your trade every 30 minutes or so but it's worth having a look sometimes for price comparisons etc.

Youtube Channels to check out:

Dota Cinema One of if not the best Dota 2 channels for info on items workshop items and top 10 plays fails etc. Great channel to subscribe to.

Beyond The Summit Tournament coverage. They run their own tourney sometimes too and have shows about Dota 2 in general.

Purge Gamers Purge's own channel where he posts play throughs with every hero in the game. Great if you want to pick up a new hero. Watch a few games see the basics on how he/she is played before you take it to the bots in game.

Team Na'Vi Great for little tricks and interesting footage from their own dota games. Nice if you're particularly a fan of theirs too as they show footage from behind the scenes every now and then too. Personally I like the dota 2 tricks videos they post showing very interesting little tactics and tricks you'd never know about otherwise.

League of Legends:

LoLKing I always liked this for player stats but it's got way more than that. Streams News etc.

Skins:

LolSkinViewer For viewing skins before you buy them

Stats:

League of Stats Player stats

Champion Builds:

Team Solomid homepage This is my personal favourite for all things LoL. Great champion builds from and guides from the pros and a great stream section. I always enjoyed watching TheOddOne as he's pretty funny.

MobaFire I never really rated this site that highly until they started getting pros in to do some good guides and builds for their site to compete with the likes of Solomid so it's definitely worth a look when you're looking for variety in your builds.

LolPro Another nicely laid out Pro build site.

Tools:

Champion Select This is a counter picking aid. It gives you an idea of what champions will be strong or weak against another so for example if you're thinking of playing Karthus mid it will be able to tell you who's going to dominate you or who you're likely to get the better of with pretty accurate readings.

LolCounter Same deal as above.

Youtube Channels to check out:

Official Riot Games Youtube Channel Good for updates and new champion spotlights etc.

Protatomonster Great top 5 series they've been running for years now. Well worth a sub.

Add any more you guys like that I may have missed.

Ry

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

EDIT: I won't report the OP because it has a lot of DotA 2 stuff and I know nothing about that stuff so that's cool.

I'd suggest getting in touch with a mod to change the title to DotA 2 resources, or something similar to my LoL one. Having 2 seperate ones would probably help the community out a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

EDIT: I won't report the OP because it has a lot of DotA 2 stuff and I know nothing about that stuff so that's cool.

I'd suggest getting in touch with a mod to change the title to DotA 2 resources, or something similar to my LoL one. Having 2 seperate ones would probably help the community out a lot more.

Report me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ry wrote: »
    Report me?

Yes I was going to report it to get it closed because we already had two of these and didn't want to cause confusion to people. But then I saw there was a lot of useful DotA2 stuff in your post and figured it could be used as a useful DotA2 resource.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Thanks for this. I've added it all to a sticky, so anything more you can think of can go there :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement