Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Fly Fishing.

Options
  • 22-07-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey guys, I have been float fishing mainly for the last while, but have recently invested in a nice fly rod to learn. I am just wondering where would be the best areas around Dublin to learn. I was told of an area just down by Lucan that was good or I also read about the area just beside memorial park.
    Just want to know what you guys taught.
    -I am strictly C&R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

ReDdevil87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have been float fishing mainly for the last while, but have recently invested in a nice fly rod to learn. I am just wondering where would be the best areas around Dublin to learn. I was told of an area just down by Lucan that was good or I also read about the area just beside memorial park.
    Just want to know what you guys taught.
    -I am strictly C&R.

Courtlough trout fishery its good its Rainbow trout fishery great for learners when your good enough go for the wild brownies have you a setup?? (eg Rod line reel flies?)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ReDdevil87

Hi,
    I was looking at Courtlough as well alright, it does look very good. Last week I got a greys grxi 6-7# and a diawa reel all set up with line and got a selection of about 10 flies(picked out by the guy at the tackle shop) so it seems like I'm good to go to start trying it out, unless you would recommend something else. Is Courtlough open to complete newbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Yes, i never fished there but its looks great with a cafa Etc. here's the link to the Website http://www.courtlough.ie/trout-fishing/ I never went there, but here is one of the best fisherys in ireland if not the best Caught 24 in 1 day and half day. its was fantastic fishing all of them where caught on this special fly (i don't know what its called it was about 1 month ago using a Fast Sinking line ) Its Called Ardaire Springs Trout fishery . Its down in Waterford maybe a bit far for you (but i went on a Semi-holiday from galway i know lol) the staff Are great Tips etc if you have facebook look them up they have a special offer for summer 6am to 11am 1 fish to take for 20 Euro Not bad at all! i will go to courtlough soon!.But i will allways like the wild bronwies tho they fight like a TANK! if there big

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ReDdevil87

Yes, i never fished there but its looks great with a cafa Etc. here's the link to the Website http://www.courtlough.ie/trout-fishing/ I never went there, but here is one of the best fisherys in ireland if not the best Caught 24 in 1 day and half day. its was fantastic fishing all of them where caught on this special fly (i don't know what its called it was about 1 month ago using a Fast Sinking line ) Its Called Ardaire Springs Trout fishery . Its down in Waterford maybe a bit far for you (but i went on a Semi-holiday from galway i know lol) the staff Are great Tips etc if you have facebook look them up they have a special offer for summer 6am to 11am 1 fish to take for 20 Euro Not bad at all! i will go to courtlough soon!.But i will allways like the wild bronwies tho they fight like a TANK! if there big

Waterford would be a bit far for me at the moment alright, think I'll wait til I have all the technique and tips and tricks down before I travel outside of Dublin, but that's some great info thanks for that.

Advertisement