Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh Park or Lyreen Lake

Options
  • 14-07-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi was hoping someone may have fished both of these waters and would have some good advice. I want to target a stillwater (as I have never fished one)close to dublin for a few perch 1lb+ as I have been doing some canal fishing recently and all are tiddlers. Can anyone advise which of these would be the best option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

I fish lyreen. It's good in the evenings. I've caught big bream there. Try it. It's €10 for the whole day. They sell bait too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Corcagh park is gone to the dogs
    Was out there with the Missus last week for a walk and happened to go to te shop there and said to the girl that there was lads using spinning rods and worms on trout lake and she said its allowed but not allowed spin it.
    I'd say all te lads who fly fished there are gone. Using bait on a fly lake is just ruining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Thanks for the replies guys. I will definitely give lyreen a go at 10 euro you can't go too far wrong. Does any body know if its a 1 or 2 rod limit?? Any set up tips??

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

U can have two rods. Fish off bottom. I use 4-8lb line. There are 15lb fish in coarse lake. Maggot works well. If its too sunny don't bother until the evening. Try 12-14 hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fish man Paul

Lookin for good spots to fish to in Dublin as I don't drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Fire1985 wrote: »
    U can have two rods. Fish off bottom. I use 4-8lb line. There are 15lb fish in coarse lake. Maggot works well. If its too sunny don't bother until the evening. Try 12-14 hook.

Thanks for the tips much appreciated, hoping to get out there soon and see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ReDdevil87

Corcagh park is gone to the dogs
    Was out there with the Missus last week for a walk and happened to go to te shop there and said to the girl that there was lads using spinning rods and worms on trout lake and she said its allowed but not allowed spin it.
    I'd say all te lads who fly fished there are gone. Using bait on a fly lake is just ruining it.

So true, I got back into the fishing over the last few weeks and went up to corkagh a few times, mainly because its only a 15min walk away from me, but has gone to the dogs alright. The coarse lake is full of empty cans, bait cartons and other crap and it is too over fed. The trout(fly) lake barely has any water in it. Does anyone know if fly fishing can be done in lyreen. I was gonna go to courtlough as well, have heard some good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The only I will say when I walked through te park last time was on the course lake I seem a school of some really decent sized roach. And seen what looked like a tench feeding on the surface under the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Myroxy

Hi all,
    Am thinking of hitting Lyreen for the first time tomorrow fishing.
    Any tips,advice or knowledge you could pass on
    Cheers

Advertisement