Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dangerous fishing stands

Options
  • 13-07-2013 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I fish at my local lake and have noticed one of the fishing stands has become very rotted and is starting to fall apart, the fisheries board erected this stand along with 4 other stands about 20 years ago, I am just wondering should I contact them to ask them to erect a new stand because I can see someone getting hurt some day because of the condition of the stand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I fish at my local lake and have noticed one of the fishing stands has become very rotted and is starting to fall apart, the fisheries board erected this stand along with 4 other stands about 20 years ago, I am just wondering should I contact them to ask them to erect a new stand because I can see someone getting hurt some day because of the condition of the stand.

Yes. Give an email or phone call explaining the situation. Wouldn't do any harm and may save someone getting hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If it's an IFI structure it should be on a Structural Register and should be maintained.
    It's more than likely an IFI structure, but a few are private too. Certainly give them a ring and get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Bizzum wrote: »
    If it's an IFI structure it should be on a Structural Register and should be maintained.
    It's more than likely an IFI structure, but a few are private too. Certainly give them a ring and get it sorted.

will do.

Advertisement