Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ichisaq wrote: »
    Ah yes it is fine (probably even bordering on the "quite fast") mark, but the body and styling look like it should have a bigger engine under the hood.

Ouch. Just looked up the 3.6 bluemotion's tax rate. €2350 a year. Makes the old tax system look like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Ouch. Just looked up the 3.6 bluemotion's tax rate. €2350 a year. Makes the old tax system look like a bargain.

4 motion not blue,blue motion is the economy version of the deisel engines, 4 motion is VW's brand name for the 4wd cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

VeVeX wrote: »
    You should have stayed with the NGK BKR7E. They work better than Bosch in the 1.8T and are a range cooler than stock which is ideal for a remapped engine.

Probably, but I hadn't really thought about that until after I picked them up. They were cheap to begin with so if they cause hassle I will just replace them.

At the weekend there I sanded down the wheels of my 20 year old Corolla and spray painted them ahead of winter. I'm loving that I have shiny wheels (even if the paint is a bit clumpy in places)!
    IMAG1347.jpg

And to reinforce the dated look to the inside of the car, I picked up two sheepskin car seat covers from Lidl from their car specials on Monday.
    IMAG1349.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

updated the look today
    274401.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Don't know if it's just me but personally I'd have left the orange indicators on..... :o Still looks absolutely stunning though :cool:

So I got my linkage changed. Just a vice grips needed! What an arse of a job, feck all room to work.... :mad:

Still, just 5 mins and its off
    Image1018.jpg

Common failing point. Centre goes brittle and the link just flies off
    Image1017.jpg

New link :) Back to normal! :cool:
    Image1019.jpg

Now I'm off to bed. Good night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Grom Audio Handsfree kit + BT music streaming + iPOD + MP3 from USB stick

1.jpg

CD changer going to a museum...or adverts :D

2.jpg

Routing the BT dongle and microphone wire.

3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Grom Audio device secured in place

6.jpg

Microphone hidden

7.jpg

Job done.

8.jpg
    9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

BMW E46 Gladen speakers upgrade (Front)

** I did not make those holes in the door, they were cut off by the previous owner who had some Pioneer fitted in there.

1.JPG
    2.JPG

New tweeters, fits perfectly in there.

3.JPG

4.JPG

Crimping in progress

5.JPG
    6.JPG

The crossover

7.JPG

Wrapping the new wires in OEM tape, looks nice, prevents rattling.

8.JPG
    10.JPG

9.JPG

Connections close up.

11.JPG

A much improved sound experience. Very much improved clarity, definition.
    Hooked up to a previously installed amp.
    Pulse really nice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Great stuff :)

Quick question, how much would an install cost, well shall we say with a budget of say 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

updated the look today
    274401.jpg
    Cool, you retrofit a Mondeo spoiler :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Out with the old and in with the new! The engine is so damn quiet now, before the squealing even started the water pump/alternator pulley was making noise. Now she's perfect.

Only took 1 and a half hours from start to finish, and considering I had no instructions to follow, I think I did rather well!

These are the old Tensioners with pulleys. Only one was gone bad but the other would have failed 10 k km I reckon.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/81540/274655.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stuck new plates on the Civic today, hardly picture-worthy though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Stuck new plates on the Civic today, hardly picture-worthy though

German? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Made up a homemade loom to work the factory fit sub and amp work from my alpine head unit in the st170.

Took no pics but it sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

YbFocus wrote: »
    German? :)

Of course, plastic with German font and a yellow one on the back cos it was built in the UK.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Of course, plastic with German font and a yellow one on the back cos it was built in the UK.

Sounds right Yep :)

Honestly I nearly died laughing at that post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got a puncture yay. Gonna grab some new tyres next week. Was driving the fathers GP sporting multijet for the night so much poke compared to mine. Need a bigger engine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

bmstuff you see to know your ICE.

What would make the lights on my climate control/heater no longer work and my air con to only work 1/10th of the time since halfords changed the head unit in my car ?

Want to get it sorted before christmas. I reckon the wen messing with wires they didnt understand to save time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

You let Halfords work on your car :eek:

climate control and heater illumination on same circuit as dash lights and of course more than one bulb so as your dash lights not effected it not a fuse, as more bulbs than oone it not a bulb.

to be fair to them it all should have been plug and play with no need to go at wires, they would not have done job unless all connectors etc in stock.

Quite likely they disturb connection :)

maybe similar with air con although no obvious reason why connected.

easy to remove stereo and have a look, check connection etc. remove plugs from new sterio, see any difference

Lads could any of you's tell me what these 2 twisty knobs are for in my C5 engine bay? Noticed it over the weekend - never seen anything like this before. It's a 1.6 HDi.

n8yqDLh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm nearly sure they are for the aircon.

I thought that too as it looks like the hi and low nozzles but it's definitely going into the power steering pipes below on the right one. So something for the ps anyway imo.

Interesting, what's the point of each nozzle though - like what does a twist in either direction do for air con and PS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

They are the valves on the ac lines. The black part is a dust cover and under it there will be a valve like on a tyre.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    They are the valves on the ac lines. The black part is a dust cover and under it there will be a valve like on a tyre.
    Thanks, so it's for topping up the AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Getting that puncture sorted today (replacing two tyres)

ALSO - Waiting on a call back from the credit union to make sure my loan application was accepted, should be no problem and if so collecting the new car tomorrow *fingers crossed* !!!!! ( P.S it's not a Hyundai Coupe :p )

Getting tracking done as camber in the car seems to be leaning heavily towards the inside of the rear tyres since puiing on the new springs and spacers.

Then down to get my windscreen surround rebounded as its loose at the top. Some new h7 bulbs and some satin black paint and primer for the fog surrounds and grilles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Not really me but I took a spin down to clean car this morning for an exterior detail. Also got the windows done with gtechniq G1 clear vision thanks to MM putting me onto it.

20131007_144506_RichtoneHDR_zps9c86a61d.jpg
    20131007_144525_RichtoneHDR_zps78320ee4.jpg
    20131007_144547_RichtoneHDR_zpsff164fac.jpg
    20131007_144603_RichtoneHDR_zps34d70e6e.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Getting tracking done as camber in the car seems to be leaning heavily towards the inside of the rear tyres since puiing on the new springs and spacers.

Then down to get my windscreen surround rebounded as its loose at the top. Some new h7 bulbs and some satin black paint and primer for the fog surrounds and grilles.

Someone was speeding!
    That windscreen thing is an inbuilt speed detector on the ST..
    Went on me a few times too :D

• Advertisement

Paid 40 quid for some phillips h7 superbrights

Can't figure out how to put them in doh !

To the interwebz

Advertisement