Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo Airsoft

• 07-07-2013 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Parent's were up in Castlebar today and notice a sign about "Mayo Airsoft" . Got there number and they'll soon have a website:

http://www.mayoairsoft.com/

Not much information on it yet though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Up in Castlebar today and I noticed that the place was open. Not what I was expecting, though. It's indoors and it's just a shooting range for airsoft rifles, plus archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Was there at the weekend. Its just target practice with different guns. Was good for me as I had never fired an airsoft weapon.

Liked it though and thinking of heading up to the place in sligo.

Oh and firing a crossbow is pretty cool!

Was there at the weekend. Its just target practice with different guns. Was good for me as I had never fired an airsoft weapon.

Liked it though and thinking of heading up to the place in sligo.

Oh and firing a crossbow is pretty cool!

Tigerland is the place in Sligo you're talking about. I go down there now and again, might head down on the 31st before the end of the Summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Tigerland is the place in Sligo you're talking about. I go down there now and again, might head down on the 31st before the end of the Summer holidays.

Was thinking of heading there for the first time on the 24th if it's on that day.

Sounds like it should be fun!

Was thinking of heading there for the first time on the 24th if it's on that day.

Sounds like it should be fun!

Looks like I'll be heading down on the 24th myself, due to change of plans. It's a cool place. The site owner and the regular players are all friendly. You should have a good day if you decide to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Masss

Hi,
    You sound like you have done it many times before K.A.L.I.M.A.
    I am looking into getting to the hobby,want to go down first to have a good look at it.
    What time I should be there and where exactly is the spot.
    Also do they rent gear if someone wants to try it out?
    Cheers.

Masss wrote: »
    Hi,
    You sound like you have done it many times before K.A.L.I.M.A.
    I am looking into getting to the hobby,want to go down first to have a good look at it.
    What time I should be there and where exactly is the spot.
    Also do they rent gear if someone wants to try it out?
    Cheers.

I haven't really done it many times, due to school and the LC coming up next year for me, but I'm heading down either the 24th or the 31st this month.

For me, I'd be down there at 09:30 (Saturday), gear on, load mags, etc... get the airsoft rifle chronoed and have a few minutes to spare. If you know where Temple House is, you should be ok. When you're facing the entrance, take a left and keep heading straight until you see the 'Tigerland' sign on your right.

I believe they do rental. I know they lend out G36c's, but I'm not sure gear wise like vests, etc... You can contact them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TigerlandAirsoftClub?fref=ts) and see if they have what you need for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

All you need to know is here on their web page www.sligoairsoft.com

Advertisement