Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel

Options
  • 07-07-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi everyone I am just wondering if anybody has had any luck in catching any mackerel at Hook in County Wexford yet? Or even any areas in the south east?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

See the thread on East Coast Mackerel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

And the spelling :) jk

• Registered Users Posts: 38 toof

See the thread on East Coast Mackerel

Yes I have seen this thread, but there are no posts on it about mackerel being caught in the Hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ozzie3032

toof wrote: »
    Yes I have seen this thread, but there are no posts on it about mackerel being caught in the Hook.

Hi was out on the kayak in between Tramore-Dunmore East around 400yds off the coastline and hit around 20 Mackerel in 2 mins, so (USING A DAMP TOWEL SO I DIDNT DAMAGE THE MACKERELS DELICATE SKIN) i returned the really small fellows and never hit another after that lol
    I heard a guy telling me he was way out on his boat for 4hrs on saturday and got 3 mackerel.
    We hit plenty of big pollock-cod etc and caught around 60 fish in total. Bass were everywhere but didnt manage to hook one on this occasion.

HOPE THIS HELPS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

Time to open this up again, a year to the week. Any Mackerel in around the country ? How's Dunmore East.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Advertisement