Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Age card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

MissD93 wrote: »
    And i'd like to thank everyone for the amazing advice

have you tried hanging off someone in their mid-late 20's on ye're own without a group yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

garv123 wrote: »
    have you tried hanging off someone in their mid-late 20's on ye're own without a group yet?
    yeah and it failed miserably, i look extremely young for my age :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I still have not applied for mine. I just bring my passport.

Bloody laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Haha well if the place you're going isn't too strict my latest trick is to at least give the ID I have (friend's sister that ermm has the same colour hair as me and that's where the similarities end) and when that doesn't work (yeah it's worked once) I just go 'Look I'm 18 really soon' give them a really near date of birth, put on a sad yet accepting look (and ok not condoning this aha but what wnolan said about the top), and whenever I've done it it's worked, but the place I'm going is, for the most part, very lax, like if you even had a provisional with a birthday within six months they'd let you go. :L

That said, you're actually 18, can you get anything at all, even a friend's passport if they have an Age Card, and try that? Like I don't think they'd believe you if you said you're really 18 but if you say you're very close maybe! :/

Slow Show wrote: »
    Haha well if the place you're going isn't too strict my latest trick is to at least give the ID I have (friend's sister that ermm has the same colour hair as me and that's where the similarities end) and when that doesn't work (yeah it's worked once) I just go 'Look I'm 18 really soon' give them a really near date of birth, put on a sad yet accepting look (and ok not condoning this aha but what wnolan said about the top), and whenever I've done it it's worked, but the place I'm going is, for the most part, very lax, like if you even had a provisional with a birthday within six months they'd let you go. :L

That said, you're actually 18, can you get anything at all, even a friend's passport if they have an Age Card, and try that? Like I don't think they'd believe you if you said you're really 18 but if you say you're very close maybe! :/

thanks :D i hadn't thought about it, i'll try and borrow my friends passport (we look kinda similar). And if that doesn't work i'll consider bringing the feminist movement back 50 years :P :)

• Advertisement

I got in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I got in :D

:eek: How low cut was it :p

garv123 wrote: »
    :eek: How low cut was it :p

haha, it could have been my wonderful personality :D

it arrived, finally :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

it arrived, finally :D

Jesus you were waiting a while!

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Jesus you were waiting a while!

yeah, but i think some stations send them off in batchs so they might not have sent it off straight away

Advertisement