Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society Outing - The Heritage Golf Club 13.30 Tee Off 20/07/13

• 22-06-2013 10:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well hot on the heals of an excellent day out today our next outing is sure to be another cracker

http://theheritagegolfclub.ie/

Members Green Fee €30
    Visitors €40

Going by there own website they charge €50 for a summer round on a Friday/Saturday so all you members make sure you make it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Already booked the date with the boss! lets "Reel in the Ballyk and Ricky"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ricky your tee time will be one o clock , so you might make it on time :-)

Ricky your tee time will be one o clock , so you might make it on time :-)

Remind me what happens if you miss your time slot? Are all points gathered null and void?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Remind me what happens if you miss your time slot? Are all points gathered null and void?

You loose points by the minute :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A reminder to every who has accepted or thinking about playing...it's the same weekend as The Open

A reminder to every who has accepted or thinking about playing...it's the same weekend as The Open

Sure its on Saturday... Rory, Padraig and GMac will all have missed the cut and it will make no difference to us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Have to give this outing a skip too lads, sorry. Scratch cup in Killarney on the same day so thats where I'm headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

The only outing that I could make this year the weather made sure it was cancelled!! Unfortunately can't make this either and to make matters worse it's on one of my favourite courses. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

The next outing is on the same day as the Captains Prize in Ballykisteen so I'm not sure if I can make it. I might be able to play the Captains early and then try to make it to the Heritage for the last group though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

ballyk wrote: »
    I might be able to play the Captains early and then try to make it to the Heritage for the last group though.

Now that would be dedication to the cause! :)

ballyk wrote: »
    The next outing is on the same day as the Captains Prize in Ballykisteen so I'm not sure if I can make it. I might be able to play the Captains early and then try to make it to the Heritage for the last group though.

I'm sure Ricky will be late and you will get out with him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Christ I'm going to have to make this one regardless of what else is on, have missed too many so far this year!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Christ I'm going to have to make this one regardless of what else is on, have missed too many so far this year!

Sure it must be hard with that high flying lifestyle of yours :pac:

Sure it must be hard with that high flying lifestyle of yours :pac:

you need a bit of real sunshine every now and then dude!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Am definitely going to make this one. Really enjoyed playing it last year so hopefully, knowing the course better this time around will improve my pathetic scoring the last time...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

hopefully I should be able to make this one, but I won't be able to confirm for another week or 2.

yeah, I actually was going to request could I get first, cause I might not be able to hang around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Permission slip submitted, can take up to 4 weeks to process due to "work to rule" in place!!! :D:D

Hoping I'll be there will confirm the week of as usual!!

With a full week of sun shine, the heritage will be in great condition. It will also be playing very hard. ie hard greens, bad bounces and trouble off the fairways! Hopefully Mother Nature will give us 2 weeks of good weather, then I'd never leave the country.

Anyone who hasn't played the course is missing out. Lets hope we get over 30 playing and make a great day of it.

• Advertisement

hopefully this weather keeps up - I think we had sleet the last time i played there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

charlieIRL wrote: »
    hopefully this weather keeps up - I think we had sleet the last time i played there!!

It was hail stones and I remember it well as it was my first round back after breaking my finger, managed a grand total of 13pts that day:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Played the Heritage today and was hugely impressed with the course. Absolutely beautiful condition. Best fairways I've played on, ever. Our fourball all went home raving about the day and the course and they're a hard bunch to please. €25 for Open Singles. Incredible value. This is now my reference point when judging the quality of other courses. Enjoy it on the 20th.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

PS (off whites) 3 or 4 rescue on the first is plenty to leave an 9 iron to green.

Just a week to go! How are we fixed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Just a week to go! How are we fixed ?

Touch and go. Captains prize weekend so I hope to get out the Friday. If I qualify it will be a Friday Saturday Sunday afair. Missus is off the weekend so she won't be happy. :-/

Looking at the forecast it looks like we're going to have great weather as well, bring it on!!!

kiers47 wrote: »
    Touch and go. Captains prize weekend so I hope to get out the Friday. If I qualify it will be a Friday Saturday Sunday afair. Missus is off the weekend so she won't be happy. :-/

Start suggesting that she hasnt seen certain family members in a while.... Thats what i do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Start suggesting that she hasnt seen certain family members in a while.... Thats what i do :)

I suggested that once, she replied... "Yes there is, my husband"
    Hat tip to her in fairness.

Hoping to be there but under pressure, if I am going, I'll be driving from Sligo
    If there's anyone around that neck of the woods lurking, I might "have to"'attend if I'm collecting someone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Sorry lads, going to have to pull out of this one, the sister-in-law 30th is on Saturday and shes decided to have a barbecue during the day instead of a party later on, as I was expecting. I'm raging, as I really want to play the Heritage.

Advertisement