Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Mortgage rate for <80%

Options
  • 19-06-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Need your advice on this. I am soon to draw down a mortgage with Bank of Ireland that is less than 80% of the agreed house price. They are charging me the 4.6 % variable rate. Is this correct or should I be on a lower variable rate?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sounds like you are on a 1 year fixed rate of 4.6, you could go variable which is 4.4%

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arubap

I agreed a variable rate and not to fix anything. Is the variable rate really still 4.4? I guess this is a mistake on their part?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

From memory, BOI impose a first year fixed on a new mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

arubap wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need your advice on this. I am soon to draw down a mortgage with Bank of Ireland that is less than 80% of the agreed house price. They are charging me the 4.6 % variable rate. Is this correct or should I be on a lower variable rate?

Thanks.

The interest rate should be 4.3% with an APR of 4.4%. You are not obliged to take a fixed rate for any period of time.. It looks like they made a mistake & you should query it with them to ensure the correct details are issued on your loan offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bredafoley

That's very high

BOI are fine if u are able to make payments but if u fall €500 behind u will get threatening letters and phone calls be warned

BOI are the only bank not to offer long tern solutions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

OP this is more of a banking issue than a matter for this forum. We can move it to either banking or talk to bank of Ireland. Please pm me or one of the other A&P mods as to where you'd like it placed. The thread will be reopened on moving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement