Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dolphin/Whale/Seal Watching In Cork

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Does anyone know if there is any good beach in Cork where there's a chance I could see dolphins or seals? I know there are boat tours which would be the best way to see some wildlife but I hate water so it's just not an option for me unfortunately.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bofinfan

Seemingly Wexford is one of the best places to go - I know it is not Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Ive seen them lots of times off the galley head especially seals and basking sharks. Best bet for sharks is 3 or 4 days into a period of hot weather but its really hit and miss you cant go anywhere and expect to see them from shore.
    Ive seen seals near the electric in the city centre too, you just need a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

I've seen dolphins a few times from roches point. And actually not that far from the coast but that was in the summer. And theres a couple of seals that hang around seafront in cobh.

Advertisement