Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was I a fool?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

I recently got contacted through linkedin from a recruiter for a job in my sectorJob was very similar to my own.I have been at this sales job for 18months and my results would be good.In fact ive never hit under 110% and by far am the highest on the team of 12I was confident of getting the job becuse of the results in this job and in another job where I would have been working for a competitor of there'sTo cut a long story short they asked me to recommend people and I recommended 3 guys.Turns out my interview didnt go well and I wont be progressing.However one of the guys I did recommend is.Another collegue here who also went for the job and didnt progress is seriously pissed with me here for recommending the guy as he is progressingWas I a fool to recommend him? I was only doing what I thought was right.If I had known th outcome I probably wouldnt have done soIm already disapointed I dint get the job and his really getting the boot in hereI going to tell him Fook right off in a sec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Specialun wrote: »
    I recently got contacted through linkedin from a recruiter for a job in my sectorJob was very similar to my own.I have been at this sales job for 18months and my results would be good.In fact ive never hit under 110% and by far am the highest on the team of 12I was confident of getting the job becuse of the results in this job and in another job where I would have been working for a competitor of there'sTo cut a long story short they asked me to recommend people and I recommended 3 guys.Turns out my interview didnt go well and I wont be progressing.However one of the guys I did recommend is.Another collegue here who also went for the job and didnt progress is seriously pissed with me here for recommending the guy as he is progressingWas I a fool to recommend him? I was only doing what I thought was right.If I had known th outcome I probably wouldnt have done soIm already disapointed I dint get the job and his really getting the boot in hereI going to tell him Fook right off in a sec

Yes is the answer you're looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

No you arent a fool, your mate just wasnt good enough to progress, the other guy did a better interview, not your fault imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

No you arent a fool, your mate just wasnt good enough to progress, the other guy did a better interview, not your fault imo

no it certainly was not my fault :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Full stops. Use them. Oh and just hope the pissed off guy doesn't tell your boss that you were trying to leave to get a better job and take 2 others with you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Your colleague is an insecure clown....honestly put him in his place. You did what you thought was right and nobody can argue with you about that. You can criticise yourself if you want but at the time it felt like the right thing to do and you can't argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its Friday

Its Friday

and raining frogs it sounds like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

@Damoke I didnt look to bring anyone from here actualy.Different company.....and my colleague also went for the role

@Damoke I didnt look to bring anyone from here actualy. Different company.....and my colleague also went for the role

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ask Mr. T, he tends to pity them....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

tl;dr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Your grammar and syntax make your post impossible to understand, so I'm saying - 'Yes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Paragraphs mother ****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

@Damoke I didnt look to bring anyone from here actualy.Different company.....and my colleague also went for the role

sorry, I didn't read it correctly. But use the ol' full stops though. Screw that other guy. You were only trying to help them out. A sharp "fùck yourself so boy" should cop him on a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

:pac::pac: Dude. Play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I see that block of words and immediately scroll down. Edit your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Jaysus, your CV must be horrid

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    :pac::pac: Dude. Play nice.

That is me being nice

@DaveDaRave I think your face must be horrid :)

Just joking.It actually isnt horrid atal

The book market must be rightly fooked here if people cant read 7 Lines without complaining

• Advertisement

The book market must be rightly fooked here if people cant read 7 Lines without complaining

Maybepeopledon'twanttostraintheiryesreadingyourporrlyspaceddiatribethatprobablyisntworthreadinginthefirstimeandidyouevengotoschool?kidsthesedaysidon'tithinktheyshouldjointhearmylikeididneverdidmeanyharmapartfromthosetwolegsilost

unfortunatelythespacebaronmylaptopisbrokensoyeahIcanonlysoundlikeawelchperson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He has found the 'enter' button!!

Maybepeopledon'twanttostraintheiryesreadingyourporrlyspaceddiatribethatprobablyisntworthreadinginthefirstimeandidyouevengotoschool?kidsthesedaysidon'tithinktheyshouldjointhearmylikeididneverdidmeanyharmapartfromthosetwolegsilost

ah

theironyofyourpostisevenmoreironicalthanthingsofanironicnature

Grammar police out in force.

Do you guys come under public service? Do you do a few months in templemore also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Do you guys come under public service?

Only when I am riding a BeanGarda and she is on top.

:( Sorry

Grammar police out in force.

Do you guys come under public service? Do you do a few months in templemore also?

Not really grammar at issue, more legibility

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

if his CV looks like his OP, its no wonder he didnt progress.

• Advertisement

Freddy that joke has been done.Try to keep up.Dont be so slow

Advertisement