Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did homosexuality become socially acceptable in southern Ireland?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭

In 1993 Ireland was forced to change its law against homosexual acts by the EU in what can only be regarded as a vicious vile attack on national sovereignty. Now it appears that homosexuality is totally acceptable across society- when exactly did this happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It was on a Tuesday anyway....I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

3:15pm last Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In 1993 Ireland was forced to change its law against homosexual acts by the EU in what can only be regarded as a vicious vile attack on national sovereignty. Now it appears that homosexuality is totally acceptable across society- when exactly did this happen?

You're the worst excuse for a troll I've ever seen... when did really ****ty trolls who make no effort whatsoever in their trolling become acceptable here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

in what can only be regarded as a vicious vile attack on national sovereignty.
    Speak for yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

lol?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Keno 92 wrote: »
    It was on a Tuesday anyway....I think.

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

It was accepted by most decent people in the South long before the EU made the government change it. The EU done us a favour by forcing the religious bigots to change the laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Demanding human rights, a vile attack on sovereignty? I cordially invite these vicious overlords to run the country. :cool: In all seriousness though, there's nothing wrong with being gay hence it being socially acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

ah sure the gays are great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

20 years and a lot of disrespect for the Catholic Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

OP is jealous 'cos I get more pussy than he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

How the fuk are people to know when "exactly" it happened?

Oh but you knew that anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

When will it be acceptable in eastern Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

sovereignty

homosexuals

eu

Ill give it a 2 or 3 maybe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

carzony wrote: »
    Do you have a problem with homosexuals?

No thank God!

I do believe that they have serious problems though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

McGaggs wrote: »
    When will it be acceptable in eastern Ireland?
    Yeh I don't think they're too pushed about it in western Ireland yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

:pac::pac:

how about receiving though?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And you have a problem with that, OP? Want to tell us all about it? We're a very sympathetic bunch here at AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

No thank God!

I do believe that they have serious problems though.

Based on your posting history you do...... In fact, your belief that they have a problem is evidence of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

In northern Ireland it is still not widely acceptable on both sides of the divide.

Derry is the "gay bashing" capital of the UK- not that such activity should in anyway be supported but you could argue that it is a natural human reaction to people flaunting a perversion such as we are supposed to be discussing, certainly more natural than treating it as if it was the same as love between a man and a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Are you against it for religious reasons OP? How many gay people do you know?

aaaaaaaand were done, IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What causes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Someone needs to get laid, urgently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This is just an awful, awful troll attempt. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement