Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

My thumb is in ribbons after 2 hours of this game, holy crap.

I found it difficult to play as well until I found my position. What I do is basically have my thumb going from the bottom of the 3DS, covering the dpad and the tip of the thumb covers the circle pad. I find that to be pretty comfortable, I've been able to play the demo for quite a few hours that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

to get online pal you've download update for ssb 3ds from eshop pal press y as soon start game to quick access

how do access miiverse while playing the game

plus why cant i access my nintendo uk account today

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

FirLocke wrote: »
    I found it difficult to play as well until I found my position. What I do is basically have my thumb going from the bottom of the 3DS, covering the dpad and the tip of the thumb covers the circle pad. I find that to be pretty comfortable, I've been able to play the demo for quite a few hours that way.

I'm using the 2DS and keeping fingers on the shoulder buttons feels really weird for me lol, so much so that I've had to rebind shield to to Y. Besides this the game is real fun.

ive unlock falco and how do you access miiverse while playing ssb 3ds

I'm using the 2DS and keeping fingers on the shoulder buttons feels really weird for me lol, so much so that I've had to rebind shield to to Y. Besides this the game is real fun.

Oh right! I thought the 2DS would be fairly comfortable to play on since the shoulder buttons are so big actually. I'm using an XL myself, and I've played the demo for more hours than I'd like to admit, so I've gotten very used to the default control scheme.
    wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive unlock falco and how do you access miiverse while playing ssb 3ds

Smash uses too much RAM, can't access Miiverse while playing the game unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ArmourWulfe

Funnily enough, after years of playing smash with a GC pad and using L to shield, I can't get used to using L for it on the 3DS XL.

I've opted for an almost-Soul-Calibur approach for controlling it, like so:

A - Jump
    B - Shield
    Y - Attack
    X - Special

That way I can B for shield and B + Y for grab, and it works pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

That way I can B for shield and B + Y for grab, and it works pretty well!

Genius. I feel like I've gotten too accustomed to the controls even as far back as the demo to try that though.

Same, I've gotten far too used to the demo's controls to bother changing them. If anyone wants to play some 1v1 at some point, feel free to add me! My code is at the top of this page. Had some great games online today. Mostly been using Ike, Link, Mega Man and a bit of Little Mac. He's definitely my favourite new character in the roster!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I like that Nintendo 3DS can be used as a controller on the Wii U version. This is a great addition, as it will make owners of the 3DS version able to participate in tournaments run on consoles, and with the controls they're familiar with, which a couple of people were asking about at casuals recently.

Stage builder also looks very good - much more creative freedom than the Brawl one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpOBrrC86A baby bowser and koopalings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭PKdude

Hey guys, my friend code is: 1005-8939-3004
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to play some matches :D@FirLocke I've added you there!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See ThingsCheck out 50 must-see things in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U before the game's release on December 5th. Click on the videos to watch them again at any time! on nintendo direct from nintendo.co.uk since 23.10.2014 check its awesome smashing brilliant video to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mat63n7pc

customization from 3ds to wiiu and vice verse watch ssb nintendo direct to find out and more

Wampyrus, the release date for Smash Bros on Wii U has been pushed forward in Europe to November 28th.

Lythero wrote: »
    Wampyrus, the release date for Smash Bros on Wii U has been pushed forward in Europe to November 28th.

thank you very much, but i know i just saw it on latest nintendo direct last thursday, i just be lazy above and copied all the text nintendo direct all words from section of super smash bros wiiu 50 things you must see

but gamestop dont know this they still think its 5th of december

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

In the WiiU version of Smash the Punch Out! stage has a neat scoreboard in the background that shows who is currently fighting, and gives each character a nickname. Here's a compilation of everyone's nicks.

Bowser and Peach have pretty great little nods.

,when i went preorder Link amiibo last thursday, and i ask did u know that iwata on nintendo direct said ssb wiiu is coming on november 28th and gamestop cashier said well still according our systems its still says december 5th, until that changes we still say its 5th december

ssb update today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just bought this with the GC adapter.

Will buy the console on pay day.

Please tell me Nintendo have done away with the stupid friend code nonsense that's different for each game and have gone down the singular Username path?

Please tell me Nintendo have done away with the stupid friend code nonsense that's different for each game and have gone down the singular Username path?

They have. Rest easy. Codes were absolute BS.

They now have Nintendo network IDs (NNIDs). Basically Gamertags for the Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Lythero wrote: »
    They have. Rest easy. Codes were absolute BS.

They now have Nintendo network IDs (NNIDs). Basically Gamertags for the Wii U.

Thankfully. You need to set up a Nintendo Network ID, which you link to the console, and then that's essentially your gamer tag, and that's universal across all games.

That ID is invisible, however. What people will actually see is your Mii/profile nickname, which doesn't have to match the ID and can be changed freely. It's the ID that has to be registered to add friends, but at least it only needs to be one-way like other systems; you don't need to both register each other, one can send a request and the other can accept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Mayflash is only available online I never see it in GameStop or Smyths or hmv or Argos, when I ask about it they never heard about, and I go about checking with them having it I get same answer isn't available to them to get it. So I sticking with wii/wiiu mario brand gc controllers and classic controller/pro which insert into wii controller and work all multiplayer wiiu and wii games and vc games and keep my GameCube controllers gc controller adapter but 3 problems with adapter, 1st only works for ssb, 2nd dosnt accept wavebird, and 3rd there's no GameCube controller with it.

Okay.

online i saw a young link amiibo and Snake amiibo are they bringing back to ssb or what selling them the web

If you play Smash U with a Wiimote and nunchuck, can you map the buttons how like and essentially use it as a controller or are you stuck with wavy controls?

If you play Smash U with a Wiimote and nunchuck, can you map the buttons how like and essentially use it as a controller or are you stuck with wavy controls?

Wii Remote and Nunchuk
    Controls

ButtonIcon-Wii-Control Stick.png - Move/crouch/tap jump
    ButtonIcon-Wii-C.png - Jump
    ButtonIcon-Wii-Z.png - Shield
    ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png - Standard attack
    ButtonIcon-Wii-B.png - Special attack
    ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png+ButtonIcon-Wii-B.png - Grab
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png up - Jump
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png side - Grab
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png down - Shield
    ButtonIcon-Wii-1.png Button - Up taunt
    ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png button - Down taunt
    ButtonIcon-Wii-1.png+ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png buttons - Side taunt
    ButtonIcon-Wii-Plus.png button - Pause
    Link=Minus Button button - (none)

Wii Remote sideways
    Note: The Wii Remote is held sideways, control pad on the player's left side for this control scheme, meaning:
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Left is what would normally be Up
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Up is what would normally be Right
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Right is what would normally be Down
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Down is what would normally be Left
    Controls[edit]
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Up: Jump
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Down: Crouch
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Down (while crouching): Platform drop
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Left/Right: Walk
    ButtonIcon-Wii-D-Pad.png Left/Right (double tap): Dash
    ButtonIcon-Wii-1.png button: Special Attack
    ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png button: Attack
    ButtonIcon-Wii-1.png+ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png button / Tap direction + ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png: smash attack
    Hold direction + ButtonIcon-Wii-2.png: strong attack
    ButtonIcon-Wii-B.png button: Shield
    ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png button: Up taunt
    ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png button (while crouching): Down taunt
    ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png button (while walking): Side taunt
    Link=Minus Button button / ButtonIcon-Wii-B.png and ButtonIcon-Wii-A.png: Grab

you should read wiiu software quick guide - Super Smash Bros Wii U support controller guide that comes with your ssb game, plus its same for in brawl

Thanks I guess.

So no wavy controls, but can the buttons be mapped?

Also, can Up to jump be turned off.

Thanks I guess.

So no wavy controls, but can the buttons be mapped?

Also, can Up to jump be turned off.

read Super Smash Bros Wii U support controller guide that comes with your ssb game plus theres games manual with every game press home on the gamepad to check games manual or check the ssb website

I don't have a console yet. If I did, I wouldn't be asking these questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Up to jump can be turned off yes, because it is the devil.

Its supposedly possible to use a 3ds as a controller as well if you own one, not sure if that requires more silly proprietary cables or not though.

Advertisement