Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diplomatic Immunity

Options
  • 11-06-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

So I assume it only applies to the Country that you are assigned to, but does it still allow you to travel across boarders, especailly in Diplomatic vehicles.

I ask as I seen a GB Diplomatic vehicle today, driving through the Republic (identified by a yellow number plate with a series of numbers, the letter D, followed by more numbers, ie ***D***).

Possibly something to do with the upcoming G8 in Enniskillen?

Thread also gives the opertunity to play one of the best movie scenes ever.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Diplomatic cars would have irish plates with the letters cd (consul diplomatic) on the plate. Has no bearing on international travel, easier or more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

An Auwdi? An black Auwdi A6 by any chance? Just robbed one from Derry. Plan on using it as a getaway car later. Fancy a spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

List of UK country codes here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

An Auwdi? An black Auwdi A6 by any chance? Just robbed one from Derry. Plan on using it as a getaway car later. Fancy a spin?

Nope. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

List of UK country codes here

opening that list will probably get me put on that MI5 list of terror suspects, ESPECIALLY after what I wrote on another thread about bbc and iran

• Advertisement

131 D ****?

Just a Dublin reg printed UK plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

irish-stew wrote: »
    So I assume it only applies to the Country that you are assigned to, but does it still allow you to travel across boarders, especailly in Diplomatic vehicles.

I ask as I seen a GB Diplomatic vehicle today, driving through the Republic (identified by a yellow number plate with a series of numbers, the letter D, followed by more numbers, ie ***D***).

Possibly something to do with the upcoming G8 in Enniskillen?

Thread also gives the opertunity to play one of the best movie scenes ever.

There are (apparently) people staying in Cavan for the conference, so probably someone from the participating country's embassy checking it out.

Might even be the Irish ambassador!

There are (apparently) people staying in Cavan for the conference, so probably someone from the participating country's embassy checking it out.

Might even be the Irish ambassador!

Would not surprise me, considering their closeness, if people staying in Cavan, Sligo, Donegal, or even, wait for it, if they can find it......

Leitrim.

Think there was even talk of Sligo Airport being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Would not surprise me, considering their closeness, if people staying in Cavan, Sligo, Donegal, or even, wait for it, if they can find it......

Leitrim.

What would they use Sligo Airport for? Somewhere to go hang-gliding on their days off or something? :p

Leitrim.

Can we send all these G8 protesters to Leitrim.

• Advertisement

What would they use Sligo Airport for? Somewhere to go hang-gliding on their days off or something? :p

Transport.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I'm too old for this shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

... (consul diplomatic) ...

Corps diplomatique, not consul.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Does this mean I can get out of speeding tickets and penalty points if I nominate myself as the ambassador for Freedonia ?

Does this mean I can get out of speeding tickets and penalty points if I nominate myself as the ambassador for Freedonia ?

Only if you buy a permit from me

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

no they use it to launch paper airplanes made out of government headed paper

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Corps diplomatique, not consul.
    Of corps it is.

Advertisement